1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I really want to approach her!

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Xeiny, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Xeiny

Xeiny Fapstronaut

Hi guys,
    just wanted to have your advice on my situation here.
    There is this girl that I really like, I don't know if she is attracted to me or not but we usually see each other once a week. Last week I was just sitting on a chair minding my own business that's when she came with her friend and said can we sit beside you, I said to my self it's just a coincidence, I started a small conversation with her but couldn't keep it up, didn't want to look weird or needy. Now, today I saw her again and I caught her checking on me several times, but kept telling my self 'no man she is just looking your direction', let me say that I had a self value issue in the past and it was really severe, I made a lot of progress in that area but I still feel some of that old shit.
    anyway, should I just go for it and approach her again and just shut my mind off thinking about whether she likes me or not?

Meditation Monk and ALEX_88 like this.
  2. ALEX_88

ALEX_88 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

hahahah the same my problems .... good luck friend

Xeiny likes this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Just go for it and ask her out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Xeiny and BasketCase like this.
  4. That's a very good sign
    again a great sign
    been there done that women cant see through you or read your mind
    YUP GO FOR IT HOW MANY SIGNS DO YOU NEED

Xeiny likes this.
  5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You're waiting for guarantees before you take action.

There are no guarantees.

She could give you hundreds of signs that you perceive to be positive towards you and maybe you perceived them wrong and she's not interested in you at all.

Maybe she's interested in you for now with what little she knows about you. Then becomes uninterested after getting to know you more.

Maybe due to unforeseen circumstances you'll never see her again.

Maybe you'll die tomorrow.

There are no guarantees.

What does it means when she does this thing or that thing? It doesn't matter unless you do something and find out.

Stop making assumptions. You don't know if she's interested or not until you find out for yourself.

It doesn't matter if she sits next to you or sits 50 seats away from you.

It doesn't matter if she looks at you or has never looked your way before.

6. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

People have already given good points regarding your question.

I have had problems when it comes to beliving in myself for a long time, but I have changed a lot.

I really recommend that you approach her one way or an other. Stop giving yourself limited belief. Your own mind is your own limitations.

Why not change how you view this? Why think it is a coincidence? Why not think it is because they (she) actually want to sit with you. If she did not want anything to do with you, she would never asked. She would have found an other place to sit or maybe just sit down without even asking.

People can look many different places. There is a big space of places where a person can look. But as you told us, she looked at _you_ _several times_. She could have looked many other places. Why look at the negatives, when there are actually so many possibile sides from this, that can be positive?

Some people view the world as yellow, some people view the world as red. The person with yellow view on the world look positive, the person with a red view look at the world from a negative side. The world is still the same for both of them, just a different view.

Approach her, if it goes well. You have your answer. If it does not work out, you can move on. If you don't do shit and just wonder if she like you / if she does not - you have lost by default.

legendsneverdie, Xeiny and ALEX_88 like this.
  7. Xeiny

Xeiny Fapstronaut

I really appreciate everyone of you guys for making this clear to me, you are really awesome
    after viewing this from a different point of view, I can see now that I wasted a good chance of approaching her and mostly breaking out of my limiting beliefs. Yeah it feels bad but I believe learning from this and acting better next time is all I can do.

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  8. Rambler

Rambler Fapstronaut

I´d say if you really like her, go for it. If you don´t, nothing will probably ever happen. If you wait to long, the spark might die, or some other guy might beat you to it. Then you won´t get the girl.

If you approach here, you never know. It may be the start of something wonderful, or she might reject you. Worst thing that can happen is that you don´t get the girl. So either way there is a chance it doesn´t work out offcourse. But approaching her will rise your chances to get her by soooo many percents. It shows her that you like her. It shows her that you have confidence enough to approach her. Girls like this stuff.
    Even if it doesn´t work out, it will be good for you. It will give you value in her eyes, and it will be good training for you that might come in handy next time you meet a girl you like.

Wishing you best of luck. I know it´s scary, but if you think about it you don´t have much to loose :)

Xeiny likes this.
  9. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

¨
    Don't look at is waste, look at it as experience, a lesson learned.

Now you can act a lot better the next time when something like this happens.

Really like this quote in situations like this: (The lesson I think from this quote is to belive the people think positive about you, or at least not negative).
    “I am not who you think I am; I am not who I think I am; I am who I think you think I am ”

10. Should you be thinking about this or any other girl if you haven't made it to 30 days?

11. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

maybe you have a little bit of social anxiety. But I do not know you just telling what I have in mind. Maybe you should approach her with more confidence and determination with yourself. Or you could be shy, another reason why you are so nervous around her. :) :)