1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I really hate the city/neighborhood I live in.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Somthin_Big, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Somthin_Big

Somthin_Big Fapstronaut

I have no idea what this post is to be honest some sort of vent/looking for advice kind of thing I just vomiting out words.

You might or might not know about this city it's only the city that had 348 homicides in 2019 and is still in the 300 ever since that year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Baltimore

I rarely go outside or anywhere at all because of the high crimes in this city.

Another problem is my neighborhood it just very shitty for a kid like me as there is nothing to do here (Beside from the crime).

we have nothing out in my neighborhood except a store, a couple of corner stores, a hair store, a barber shop, laundromat, and 2 incredibly crappy schools.

So the obvious answer would be create some games with some friends, use our imagination go to each other houses, play some sports, and hang out and that would all be good ideas.

If most teen in my neighborhood and city weren't also involved with a lot of trouble and I'm not talking about breaking curfew by ten minutes I mean shit like aggravated assault.

So to end this post I just feel incredibly lonely because it hard to meet people in my city and make friends in a city where a lot of teens are involved in crimes with little to no interest.

The only other option I can think of is finding some online group with my same interests and connecting with people there.

This post was originally a lot longer but some stuff felt too personal so I removed it.

lesser_edifier and Mr. Monk like this.
  2. Sorry to hear that bud. Unfortunately my home town is getting worse also, my car got broken into and someone took it for a joyride last week. I’m now in costs with over 1k in insurance for repair going down the same road again and getting rid of it after repairs.

my big dream right now is to live out in the country or some where close. Even if it’s dealing with more insects or bugs. My friend made it and is now three hours up north.

Enough of my vent. But I highly suggest MMO rpgs World Of Warcraft.. etc.. There’s a database that has lists of them actually. I used it in the past as an escape from bullies at school. I don’t regret seeing beautiful worlds that have been created to explore and roam. I like where you’re head is, most of those idiots that partake in crimes are just in for a loss. I think it’s because they crime from harsh families though .

illLilRed likes this.
  3. I really hate seeing people fester in hell too and thats often what I see in the world. It drives me a bit cracked to know how much of a miracle life and creation is but yet watching people debase it all to hell.

Just remember at the end of the day society/the world is not LIFE. Life is beautiful and miraculous and all that is truly Good, but "the world" is a miserable hell plunging itself farther into depravity by the day, and its only just begun.

4. Haberdasher

Haberdasher Fapstronaut

Every city is getting bad. And if HBO can be believed Baltimore is really bad. You gotta get out of the city.

But it sounds like you're a young guy. And that's tough. I don't know what resources you have or what's tying you down there. So maybe for now you gotta survive. But ultimately you gotta get out.

Here's what I would do if I was in your situation and wanted to get out. Start planning. Find a place with a low cost of living in the midwest or the south. Start saving what you can. Learn about moving there. Plan for it. Make it real, even if it's a decade away.

Then start building your capacity so when you get there you'll have something to offer. Stay away from the crime. It sounds like it's all around you. But I'm telling you man, you get wrapped up in that and you're done. It limits your options so much down the road. Stay out of the crime.

Look for an apprenticeship. Is there a church you can volunteer at? Is there a local mechanic who would take you on and teach you? Or a gym you could start hanging out at? You need skills. That way when you move, you can get a job quickly. It doesn't have to be your forever career. But a man who can work with his hands will stand before kings.

You need a destination, a plan, money, and skills. Focus on that in the meantime and keep your head clean. Then when you have an opportunity, you'll be ready.

Good luck.

Mr. Monk likes this.