1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I just want someone to love

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Don'tLookBack, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

I used to cry myself asleep. Now I cry myself awake, too... All I can think about is just being able to be everything for someone. I'm just scared that I'm not going about things the right way, so then I don't even try. But yet I'm hurting so bad on the inside because it feels like I can't express who I truly am. I'm so tired.

Stp890, ollo and WildEntheology like this.
  2. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

I am not expert in relationships, but i think
    First, you should move on.
    Second, you better love your self first, you should be selfish, kinda not to that degree that touch people, just love your person so much more.

ANewFocus and WildEntheology like this.
  3. Don'tLookBack

Part of me gets freaked out by opening up to people in general, where even though I want connection and love, I'm scared of the whole dating process and someone truly knowing who I am. Life goes more smoothly when I have all my walls up. Lonely, maybe, but smooth. I really value efficiency, it's how my mind operates. And I'm scared I'll lose that efficiency by being open.

SZ zahw likes this.
  4. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

Same, i am also high introverted person, but try to climb your walls and watch for a bit how world going on, I am trying to deal with that RN.

Don'tLookBack likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Queen - Somebody To Love (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Don'tLookBack likes this.
  6. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Then, go out and show acts of love to people - there are many folks who need love. Or, is this really not what you're talking about. If not, what is the real deeper need that you are not expressing?

SZ zahw and Don'tLookBack like this.
  7. Don'tLookBack

I just don't know how to show love. I'm really bad at it. I feel like I always come across as cold and calculated, even when I try.

SZ zahw likes this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Is it really that complicated? Even a child knows. Are you overthinking it? Maybe revisit your inner child even, before it learned a complicated, conflicting, and nihilistic manner of discourse, thinking, and perceiving the world? That is perhaps a great part of it and many more problems still.

Asgardian36 and SZ zahw like this.
  9. Don'tLookBack

I'm definitely not nihilistic. I believe in God. I just feel like my way of showing love apparently just comes across as cold and distant. It's extremely complicated...

SZ zahw likes this.
  10. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Just sow the seeds of love, then. It's not for you to be concerned how it may be perceived (and perhaps errantly so) or what fruit comes from it. That's God's domain. Your task is only to sow.

SZ zahw and Don'tLookBack like this.
  11. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

Actually, i would accept the billion dollars and just repeat the process again, i am introverted person as well, but i think that is because i have interest that my society cannot accept - at all even my family they urging me all the time because of that- so i am open on social media, like here i barely see Arabic guy.
    Like i love west mindset of opening to the world, but as i am much open i am leaving social communication with my society that refuses to accept it.
    I don't know what to do about that ..?!

12. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

I don't have that, in my culture ...:(

13. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

Same trouble here... :(

14. monttai

monttai Fapstronaut

If you can't be everything for yourself you not gonna be everything for someone else.

frosties, SZ zahw and lgustavoms like this.
  15. SZ zahw

SZ zahw Fapstronaut

Exactly, like how would you love someone if you cannot love your self first.
    You can't give you you don't have

16. sh0gun

sh0gun Fapstronaut

Well, why can't you be everything to yourself?

You will never find someone who truly loves you, until you can feel that love for yourself. What you are looking for in others is what is already within you.

You CAN truly express who you are. It is scary and takes bravery, but you can do it. Learn to reconnect with who YOU really are. Not what is expected of you by others.

Once you do that, it'll become much easier to connect with people.

If you need to talk further I am here for you.

frosties likes this.