I just did one thing

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

There is a popular movie that came out not long ago involving a main character who is an extremely fit body builder type. In the story, this character was very chubby during his teenage years. When his old high school friend asks him, what did he do to get so fit, he replied - I just changed one thing. I went to the gym 6 hours per day everyday......

It's funny but one might the say the same thing about habitual sin. The formula for change is not complicated albeit not easy. If we can change just one thing - that is clean our hearts and minds of the desire to sin. It seems to me there is only one way to do that and that is through prayer. I tried to quit this sin so many times through sheer determination. I never had any lasting success that way. Prayer from the heart, asking for a clean heart, is the only solution I know of.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    Roady and Mts209 like this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

If we people could clean our hearts on our own without God then it would mean that Jesus comming and death would have been unnecessary. We can't get rid of desire to something pleasant - and pmo sins are maybe the most pleasant. So, without grace it's impossible because human nature will always seek something pleasant. Grace is something which can defeat our nature, desire. The most usual means of getting grace is prayer (good prayer - what is good prayer we can read in the Cathechism )

CPilot and Keli like this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Let us pray for God's healing grace, not only for ourselves but for each other. For all of those visiting here, suffering from the weight of this sin, please know that I am praying for you. Please pray for me.

Roady likes this.
  4. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Two things, actually: prayer and the sacraments.

EDIT: A third thing that's useful is scripture.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

All true and perhaps one thing leads to all of the others. The desire for the Father's love. Our souls are born with it and thankfully they desperately wish to lead us back to God, no matter how far we might stray.

6. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

And thank God that he loves us too and his desire is for us to be with him forever. "By the grace of God go I."

CPilot likes this.