1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Have like no dating experience what so ever.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Squiddy, Aug 9, 2021.

How much experience do you have with dating?

1. none

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. little

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. some

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. more than average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. a ton

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

I know, shocking to hear. I mean also I'm young so It's not that shocking. I'm in Middle school hearing people saying they got girlfriends, and The women I talk to are shocked to hear I never kissed a girl or had a girlfriend. Ok so I bet I'm not the only one who has heard of elementary school relationships that last for like 2 days. I was never in one of those, which thank god. then again I've never thrust myself into dating. It never really hit me. I had crushes, but then my brain makes me rethink by asking, do you really like them? all the time the answer is no because, They don't match my personality. and early in my life, it was a shock to see me socialize. I came over that at age 9. and at 9, I wasn't thinking "I needed a girlfriend". at 9 I was thinking Lets hop on the minecraft world and build a nose *true story*. and when I got my first taste of "urges" I was never attracted to women or men. i had these urges before my addiction. the story of how i got addicted is for another time. I had no true crush. My standards are more personality than looks. I want a girlfriend Who has a good personality and that looks ok. I think I'm a 6 maybe a 7. I'm fine with a 4 or 5, like i said i'm more into someone that has a good personality if anything. I just needed to get that off my chest.

LyarTheTruth and Vanquisher12 like this.
  2. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

i know, and i'm not focused on trying to date for a bit. i just needed to get that off my chest.

3. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

let me say that i'm not trying to complain, i'm just sharing my experiences

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

i do a lot of socializing and have friends from all genders. you are right. I shouldn't really worry.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  5. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

You are really young. Don't worry about it.
    I have a lot of experience at 37 years old, but started really late in the dating life.
    I lost my virginity really late.. like at 21. First kiss at 18. Since then I've dated multiple woman and had like.. 4 girlfriends for years. I'm really greatefull of all of the great moments I share with all this woman. I'm currently in a relationship with an amazing woman.
    Experiences comes with time, focus on been the best catch you can be and woman are going to be interested in dating you. Don't chase woman or a relationship, chase your best version, chase your passions, chase your goals and ambitions, become confident, masculine and don't care to much of what other people think. Be fair, be a good man but stand up for what you want, don't be the typicall nice guy that get walk all over by man and woman.
    All of that is going to get you more success in life and as a side effect more success with woman.

6. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

You shouldn't have anything to worry about at 14, I'm 22 and still haven't got a girlfriend. Do I worry about it? No, because I'm working on myself to become better man and more attuned in flirting, reading body language and asking girls out. Work hard, get your qualifications and build a good career, and develop a circle of good, loyal friends, those are the most important things at this time.

EDIT: By all means have a go at showing girls your interest too, practice flirting with touch and perhaps words if you're that sort of guy, read up on body language so you can get the best idea of when a girl is into you and when she's not, get to know girls and build up rapport with them, and have a go at asking them out if you feel brave enough, but don't push yourself too hard or do things you really don't want to do, because that will sap your confidence and get you trying to be something you're not, which girls don't like.

Don't let it take up all your life because you're still young and you should still be enjoying your hobbies and friendships this time in your life, and you've got plenty of time to get relationships sorted.

Don't throw away your virginity early to some girl you may never meet after school/college/university, save it for a girl who truly loves you and will remain loyal to you - I'm doing this and am not regretting it, and it paints you as a respectable gentleman which is what any respectable girl will like.

Don't worry about rejection, it doesn't feel bad once you've been through it a few times, and don't let it bother you if a girl calls you a creep or something just because you were interested in her and missed some signs of her disinterest. That happened to me at around your age and it scarred me throughout my teenage years, I could have had relationships with several girls I loved by now if I hadn't let that upset me so much.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  7. As an 18 year old, I recommend that you start asking out and flirting with girls now to get some experience and confidence. Get use to rejection, have awkward dates, make mistakes - get through all of that early and you will be a master by the time you're my age. The first time asking out a girl is very hard, but once you do it you will realise that rejection isn't even that bad. I thought I was gonna get made fun of and shit but I actually got respect when I first got rejected (I was 16).

LyarTheTruth and Vanquisher12 like this.
  8. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

That's a great point, I've added more to my post above to count that in.