1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have an empty hole inside of me that I cannot fill

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Broken11111, Jul 26, 2023.

1. Broken11111

Broken11111 Fapstronaut

I have tried to fill it with food; but my hunger has not been satisfied. I tried filling it with sex; but sex is like an acid, it initially fills the hole, but then makes it bigger. I tried filling it with things to do; but nothing I can do is ever enough. I tried filling it with Christianity; but like a castle made of sand, it simply crumbled and fell through. I tried filling it with friends; but I am not good enough for them to reside in me. I tried filling it with love; but love can only be given away.

What must I do to fill this hole of loneliness?

YourLocalClown and tawwab1 like this.
  2. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

You have to learn how to validate yourself so you don't need external things as much. Sounds like toxic shame to me.

3. MojaveJoey

MojaveJoey Fapstronaut

Frankly, I've tried a lot more than that, so you still have a bit of coping you can do. But eventually you run out of coping methods, and you end up cycling through them bc loneliness generates instability. Only way is to have friends but can hard to find friends who aren't thugs, simps, seeking to exploit you, losers, or complete assholes.

4. The love of Jesus was the only thing that was able to fill my inner void.

5. YourLocalClown

YourLocalClown Fapstronaut

It sounds like you've been on quite a journey to find fulfillment. Remember that self-discovery is a process, and it's okay to feel this way sometimes. It's important to keep exploring different avenues and finding what truly resonates with you. Your willingness to share your experiences is a step towards understanding and growth.