1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate myself for always thinking about sex

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by SirQwerty, Feb 9, 2024.

1. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

I know this journey isn't about the streak, and I have been improving in other parts of my life, but I just can't help to think I was at 45 days, then spilled my seed.

I've taken your suggestions and other measures concerning the issues I've been having at night, but lately, I've felt helpless. My thoughts begin to get the better of me since I feel lonely and h*rny, and being in bed going to sleep just gives me more time and space to think about that. I've had some days where my libido was so high, I almost cried, I know that sounds pathetic.

I hate feeling almost dependent at times on receiving attention and intimacy and trying to obtain that through p*rn and chatting with women online. I hate how my initial reaction is getting angry when I hear someone say, "Sex isn't a need." I hate the times I lose sleep over fantasizing about the relationship I want and being with someone. I don't want this desire, I feel silly for desiring marriage so badly... as people say we're not entitled to it, it's not a promise, be satisfied with God, etc.

During the day, I'm very productive and don't think about these things at all. My spiritual and professional life has been thriving, but I'm burned out and tired of people, so at night, this "Monster" comes out that I've been fighting to control myself. It's not as bad as it once was, but still, I'm just thinking about how lonely and sad this is.

They say, "Enjoy single life," and though I'm working on myself, I'm starting to feel like I lack, though I shouldn't. Thank you for reading, If you made it this far

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  2. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

I know man, it’s tough… last night I was having strong urges and took a small sip of NyQuil to help slightly change my mindset

a problem I’ve had most of my life is that girls who want to date me, I am not interested in

3. It happened to me last year, I was having strong urges and yes, I cried
    Well, it can be perceived as a need, but at the end it isn't something we require to stay alive, like air, water or food
    I hope you find soon the right person to get married. Don't despair. I know, it's easier said than done...
    Best wishes

again likes this.
  4. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

Does NyQuil help? And I can understand that dilemma, that's why I'm trying to get used to being alone and not crave companionship/friendship so much. Like said in my post, I really don't want these desires, I try to stay focused.

Thank you for responding, it's a little comforting to know I'm not the only one.

Mara43 likes this.
  5. HealingBodyandMind

Yea I’ve noticed just taking a small, small amount, like 5mL, is just enough to slightly change my thought patterns just enough to fall asleep easier

I am also considering getting ZZZquil for the same reason

however, I only take a small sip of NyQuil very rarely, like once every few weeks. So it’s not like a regular thing just in case of an emergency

6. kenshin81

kenshin81 Fapstronaut

Different point of views, I would pay to have such condition.
    A life without any kind of libido, where you're totally flat (up and down) if a hot girl is close to you, makes you think you're totally useless, with your "manhood" below zero.

7. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

I'm definitely Team NyQuil (or ZQuil) as well. I've always struggled with sleep and have noticed the patterns in my intrusive thought process...obviously higher at night when wife and kids are asleep. I switch on and off Melatonin as well.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  8. HealingBodyandMind

Do you notice a big difference between Zzquil and NyQuil like in the effects?

I’ve never tried ZZquil or melatonin before, only NyQuil. And NyQuil because I would have some left over from having had a cold, and saw that it helped with the intrusive thoughts

what are ZZquil and melatonin like?

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

Try this before going to bed at night:

1) Cold shower followed by warm shower/bath.
    2) 3-4 rounds of Wim Hof breathing (or something similar).
    3) Whilst lying flat on your back in bed, legs out straight, squeeze your legs together (from hips to feet, not too strongly) and hold for 10 seconds increasing the length of time gradually each night. (Don't attempt if you have a bad back).

To add even more potency, place your feet on the grass for 10-15 mins a day. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Be Inspired and GeorgeJetson like this.
  10. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestions.

1. I have a hot tub and soak two times daily.

2. Former military and love all the breathing variations.

3. Just had my second back surgery this year. Lol. Also, live in a very cold environment so lots of snow...no laying in the grass...for now.

I've been a light sleeper for my entire 40+ years on this earth. I'm fully accepting of it. In addition to the things you mentioned, ZQuil, Melatonin, and ZMA also help. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you the best!

Icewarrior likes this.
  11. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Zzzquil only has one main ingredient for helping those who cannot sleep, whereas NyQuil has additional ingredients to help with flu and cold. Melatonin is a hormone produced in our bodies that help regulate the body's circadian rhythm. It also acts as an antioxidant as has other health benefits.

The reason I cycle on and off of melatonin is because I build up a tolerance.

12. HealingBodyandMind

I guess I just meant, how does each of them make you feel? Is there a big difference in how NyQuil vs ZZquil vs melatonin makes you feel after you take them?

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  13. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Ah okay, apologies.

NyQuil vs ZZZquil provide a similar reaction but I only take NyQuil when I'm also sick since it has added ingredients for flu and cold. As for the melatonin, it hits me slightly lighter the the NyQuil/ZZZQuil meds but offers the same deepness in my sleep.

I much prefer the melatonin because it's something found within our bodies and has numerous other health benefits. The only issue I have with it is building up a tolerance to the point it has limited effectiveness. Therefore, I cycle on and off of it.

Hope that explanation is a little better. My apologies again for misunderstanding.

Wishing you the best!

14. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I second cold showers and Wim Hof. I have been following WimHof since 2016. I always feel better

Please stay away from NiQuil and other sleeping aids. It's addictive trash. I have been addicted to NiQuil before and it's awful.

Discipline is king. Discipline is the horse I ride. Try and start getting up an hour earlier and you will start going to bed earlier. It's the only way I know how.

Sexual thought and fantasy is the drug for us. Relapses start between my ears with sexual thoughts, fantasy or euphoric recall. You can overcome these with God's help through prayer and meditation. If nothing else works, consider joining a 12 step group.

I have been free from PMO for 158 days in a row by the grace of God.

Wishing you joyful recovery.

Icewarrior and born3 like this.
  15. HealingBodyandMind

Thanks and no problem! Haha

wishing you the best as well! see you around on here

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  16. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

No problem man! Good luck to you.

We are all different and have different needs. Figure out what works best for YOU and roll with it!