1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess after stopping NoFap or resetting a while ago i turned Bipolar

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SayYesToRecovery, Aug 8, 2019.

1. SayYesToRecovery

SayYesToRecovery Fapstronaut

I really like really need help with this don’t ignore.
    I’m a 16 year old male, I had a 151 day streak and i was living at the happiest of my life, But i reset on Aug. 1, And now, i’m suffering so badly, I don’t know why this is happening is it NoFap or the reset, I got diagnosed with Bipolar disorder i guess.
    It’s shit, I’m being struck with Anger, Happy, Sad and laughing moods, And yes i’m going through mania and light depression, I’m suffering from panic attacks too.
    I need help, How can i treat this at home? I’m not really comfortable with telling anyone about being possibly Bipolar, What am i supposed to do? Can i treat it at home?

Literally today i fought with 2 of my best friends and like 3 strangers because i went through mania with massive anger, I’m afraid this will damage and hurt my life, I need to treat this, Literally the tiniest things are triggering me, Is there a way to cure this alone at home?

2. celery_tree

celery_tree Fapstronaut

This breaks my heart man. I don't know how to help, but if it helps at all I'm available just to listen. Start a convo with me if you think that will help.

3. "I was diagnosed"
    No human knows you better than you, these guys wearing white clothes are humans too and their knowledge isnt perfect. Dont let them put you in a category of people and start again a stronger and longer streak

celery_tree likes this.
  4. SayYesToRecovery

SayYesToRecovery Fapstronaut

To be honest man i feel bipolar too, Like i really have weird mood switches which can’t be considered mood swings and also i got sleep deprivation, loss of appetite, fatigue, low self-esteem, and i could feel so destroyed and hopeless suddenly i become numb and highly-confident, I don’t know really

5. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

forget about labels for mental issues. Everyone is sick, if you take any of their behaviours and put them against the DSM absolutely everyone has a mental illness and needs drugs. Yes, even Dalai Lama for thinking he's the Dalai Lama.

What you've done is you've repressed all your emotions that were triggering PMO in you for a long period of time. You kept them under "control", no actually you hid, repressed them and tried not to see them, to experience them. Then, one day, you felt lonely and bored (try to remember what drove you to wank again) and all of those emotions bubbled up.

Here's how to do it "at home", but even that will take days or weeks:
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-primer-on-dealing-with-negative-emotions.235876/

Other questions:
    - how often do you take LONG walks, ride your bicycle and where?
    - do you get out into nature (parks, forests)
    - how much time do you spend in front of your computer

Hope it helps!

celery_tree likes this.
  6. You really cant control it?
    It seems weird. Do you eat or drink junk food? Do you smoke? Drugs?
    By the way when i stopped pmo i was feeling so sad too at the beginning, i stayed patient and now i am cured and i enjoy my life much more.
    If you believe in God pray to Him and be patient, God is with the patients men.
    Try to read holy books it clarifies the mind like the sun helps you to see during the day, the holy books help you to see with your mind.
    May God bless you and helps you brother.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.