1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel as if I'm in love, yet I don't really know what love actually is

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by BlackKnight, May 31, 2016.

1. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

For the last couple months, I have felt something and I don't know what it is for this girl and I have all these emotions swirling through me that I can't identify but I can't understand anything right now. I personally believe she has been sending me mixed signals in the past but I couldn't fully identify anything. Then I went and did what I had promised myself not to do: I pissed her off and now since then I feel like total shit. I apologized to her and she said it was fine and all, but I didn't believe it was.Just now I have been thinking about how emotionally distraught I've been feeling since then, and it all makes some sense now. I feel strangely sad over our fight, and this has never happened before with any girl. I feel angry at myself and let some of it out on people and I have no courage to tell her how I feel truly and have no idead how to do something to let her know how I feel without words

Sorry if this seems like a mess but I have no other way to explain this

DannyCool and -Rix- like this.
  2. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

I can hear you man. I think it is more about working with ourselves then waiting for the girl to say she likes you again. It is about maning up to the task. It was probably better to give out to her then to go pinning after her. You might have a chance yet. It is good to fight early on cause then you can get the differences out of the way and you start listening and understanding earlier. Main thing to avoid is fanasising / obsessing. That is objectification and comes down to the fact that you mainly want to have sex with her. There is your problem me thinks. The anger comes out of this frustration and it is normal in relationships. There is nothing usual about getting a little angry with a girl it is very normal and quite understandable.

3. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

I had the chance to apologize to her today and i wussied out, and on top of that I won't see her all summer

4. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Fapstronaut

Sounds to me like you blew it with her. :/

For now, anyway. I'd get her out of your head for a while, and if/when you see her next year, I wouldn't bring any of that up. In fact I'd give her some pleasantries like saying hello, and then promptly paying more attention to other people around her instead of her. If she calls you out on playing it aloof, just say "Well I was a little embarrassed, I thought you might still be mad at me from last year, so I decided to just give you some respectful distance." Truth is you'd be making her miss you, but you don't want to let her know you did that on purpose. :p

Just stay in a positive mood, and move forward, think about what's going on in that present day and future and pretend it didn't happen unless she brings it up, and at that point, apologize again and don't drivel. Short and sweet.