1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I fear this won't be easy....

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by *MrGrey*, May 25, 2015.

1. *MrGrey*

*MrGrey* Fapstronaut

So this is all new and quite scary for me but I feel that this is my only chance of beating this addiction which has literally stripped me of my life as I know it. I don't want to bore total strangers so I will try and keep my introduction as short as possible.... Im a 35 year old straight male who learnt how to fap at about the age of 5... (yes that is 5). I started by fapping in the prone position (face down for those who don't know) and this is where my problem started. I developed a very early fetish for womens shoes, god only knows how. Ive never been much attracted to a womens lower half although I do like a nice pair of breasts and a firm bum!! As time went on and I got older I developed another fetish for light bondage (damsels in distress in tv programmes) and would fap over that still in the prone position. I believe these fetishes and fapping in the prone position is the catalyst for the car crash that has now become my life. After a couple of short relationships at the age of 18 I met my soulmate. We were together for 15 years, sexually the relationship wasn't great. I suffer from anxiety and depression something I kept from my better half. During that time the age of the internet was upon us and the fapping over my fetishes got out of control athough by now I was fapping normally. The shoe fetish died down a lot but the bondage one remained although never got stronger. My relationship suffered massively, as did my life in general. Im lazy (to a point), I seriously lack motivation, i'm unhealthy as in I smoke and drink with little exercise. I dont do drugs although I have dabbled in the past. My life just ticked along with my GF never knowing the real me. I was ashamed & embarrassed of my fetish, I still am. She finally left me last year and along with my home I lost everything I ever worked for or cared about. To this day my addiction is ruining my life, stopping me from being the man I know I can be but discovering NOFAP may just save my life. I have been encouraged by other peoples stories and I think/hope that I can use others stories and support to help me through what I believe is going to be the hardest battle I will EVER face.

I never thought I would tell anyone this so I feel this is already a positive step and a massive one for me. I really hope we can all beat this one day and I would like to offer my support to all of you each going through your own personal struggles.

I would really welcome anyones thoughts on my weird and disastrous life and your support even more.

Introduction not as short as I hoped... :)

2. Ty for the introduction. Have not found it easy to apply nofap. In fact it has been very up and down for me. However, having committed to keep reading journals/posts every day (not as easy as you think) have reached a place mentally where ithink i can start making small changes in my daily life for confidence and foundations for achieving nofap (although not immediately).

Once you have started a journal, stick with it, however you feel. Pleased to meet you @*MrGrey*

3. MightyKC

MightyKC Fapstronaut

Thanks for speaking up @*MrGrey*. I saw you on here earlier and I knew exactly where you were going with that username. Kudos on bringing a lot of things to the surface in this first post. Don't be afraid to say more. I'll throw out a plug here for my journal as you and I have the same wiring. "Oh wow, I really like this girl." "It's time to tell her what I want to do when we play together" "But what if she thinks I'm a freak" "Everything else is so good, maybe I should just keep it to myself." Story of my life, brother.

I'm struggling daily on whether to embrace my sexuality the way it's been my whole life. That means a lot smaller pool of potential future mates. Or to try to reign it in to a level that is more acceptable to the mainstream. In the meantime, for you and I both, stay serious about rebooting. Be vigilant, learn about dopamine. Identify triggers. Don't be afraid to say what you are thinking about on here, there are people from every walk of life. And if you think it's too dark or too strict or too weird for the public boards, throw it on my doorstep in a private message. Because I've probably already done it. Twice.

4. *MrGrey*

*MrGrey* Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply, Nice to meet you too Pal. Best of luck

5. *MrGrey*

*MrGrey* Fapstronaut

Nice to meet you @MightyKC, thanks for the support & your reply. Ive taken in what you said and am gonna try & use this to help me. Im very serious about rebooting. Im sceptical about whether or not this can work and what benefits I will see? My confidence is at an all time low where the women are concerned which is quite unlike me. Ive seen so many posts from people with positive outcomes I just hope I can be one of those. Its been 1 day for me now, and Im just trying to take it one step at a time. If I can be of any support to you just say. Allot of people lean on me and Id like to think I may be able to offer my support if ever you need it.

6. MightyKC

MightyKC Fapstronaut

Thank you @*MrGrey*

As far as rebooting, my "special interests" are still there, just as strong as ever, simmering right under the surface.

At DAY 49, My confidence is way up. I have no partner right now but my parts are a LOT more responsive at random times, during the day, and especially talking to the opposite sex. ANY sign of acceptance, encouragement, flirting, basically as long as a woman doesn't cuss me out I'm looking for a counter or a table or something to stand behind so she doesn't notice what I've got going on downstairs. I HIGHLY recommend doing whatever it takes for you personally to get some traction and stick to the plan.

My next personal struggle is whether or not to throw out my "toy box." I have a pretty wild collection at this point but it's not like my next partner will want things around from my past. And *WHEN* this rebooting thing "does what it says on the tin" it's not like the stuff is gonna do just me any good. Tomorrow is garbage day, I'm on the fence about whether I'm strong enough to get it done. I can feel it in my bones that I will play that way again in the near future, but it's probably best if her and I pick the stuff out together.