1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't like changes..

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I have never liked changes in my life. I was born is a small harbour town. I lived first 18 years of my life there only. My friends, my childhood memories, everything was shattered when my father retired. I cried on those last days when we were going to leave that town. I lost all my childhood memories there. We had to shift to a new city. I never liked this city but i had to come here for some personal problems and for my studies. I joined a college here. Although i didn't like my college, i spent my 3 years here. Today was the last day of my college. I am very sad. Now i will have to again change my place and and will be in a new surrounding. I am not comfortable with these kinds of changes. We don't have our own house, we live on rent. Again a new change will happen :’( and again i will have to adjust with it. I am not used to have had these kinds of changes in my life, as i mentioned earlier, i lived for 18 years in my birth town. I hope everything gets fine very soon.

2. HighFlyer

HighFlyer Fapstronaut

You have to be strong, that's the life. We not always have the influence on certain things that happen to us.

Obviously it's painful, because the start of the adulthood is a very difficult period for everone. You could be in contact with your old friends via internet, and arrange some meetings. Maybe in the future you could go back to your childhood town.
    Certainly, it's important to make new friends in your current surroundings, spend time with others, because it's all you can do. Sometimes, one true friend could help you go through all that shit with a smile on your face.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Every loss is a partial loss of who you are. In every case, there once existed an experience—a thing, an idea, a person—that brought your life meaning. And now it no longer exists.

Life is a long series of losses. It’s pretty much the only thing that is guaranteed in our existence. From moment to moment, year to year, we give up and leave behind former selves that we will never recover. We lose family, friends, relationships, jobs, and communities. We lose beliefs, experiences, perspectives, and passions. And ultimately, we will one day lose our existence entirely.

If you think back to a hard time in your life, recognize that to get out of those hard times, you had to accept losses. You had to lose relationships and pursuits, you had to lose a lot of meaning in order to create greater, healthier meaning. In that sense, all growth requires a degree of loss. And all loss incites further growth. The two must occur together.

People like to see growth as this euphoric, joyous thing. But it’s not. Real change brings a mixture of emotions with it—a grief of what you’ve left behind along with a satisfaction at what you’ve become. A soft sadness mixed with a simple joy.

Nothing lasts forever and the pain of that allows you to learn to appreciate the moment more.

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  4. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hello Never Give Up,

I hope that you are feeling better at the time of this writing because those are difficult feelings and events that man goes through in our society now.

Everything that happens to you is part of your life and all of it is for you. All of what is happening to you and your life are going to be what describes you and what you choose will be a real choice. Take that opportunity and to make a choice of freedom to life, define yourself rather than be caught up in it.