i did it again

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Tyro, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Tyro

Tyro New Fapstronaut

welp i fapped people and i feel like crap, why is it so hard to quit this addiction its... its...Unbelievably hard ...FUCK!! I need help

2. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

My sentiments the same. I fell after 55 days. Let's begin again, dude. We can do this!

3. Iwant2upgrade

Iwant2upgrade Fapstronaut

@JoeinMD , How did you feel during that time any improvements of humor , health?
    @Tyro I ve been failing for 12 years now , but yesterday I took the decition to subscibe to this site and make something about it ...even if I<ve been trying is not an easy thing.... but hey never give up ... I feel for me that this time I come with the right mentality... be back tonight , have to work now ..stay strong soldier

4. Hi @Iwant2upgrade
    Yes, in my case at least, I feel free and happy like never before.
    I used to be sad and depressed all the time. Now almost every day I feel happy, no depression anymore, and a big sense of relief. Of course there are some times I still feel a bit down, but I learned how to change that mood without going back to PMO, which used to be my escape behavour when I was stressed .
    If you have been trying for so many years and always failed, as strongly recommend you to register in NoFap Academy. This site was created by @alexander , the same guy that created this one. Although it costs $40 per month, it is money well invested if you can afford it. You get a course with all the tools to fight this addiction in a much more structured way, plus a couple of video conferences with the two guys on Monday where you can ask all your questions
    Good luck with this fight
    Fercho

5. Welcome Tyro. I think everyone on this website can understand how you're feeling. No addiction is easy to quit, but we all have the inner strength and willpower to beat it. When that strength is combined through this community, you can become so much stronger.

You don't need to invest into anything financially to truly beat this addiction, although as fercho29 said, if you can afford it, it can definitely help.

Here are my recommendations for you to beat this addiction:
    1- Create small achievable goals and take small steps. Maybe instead of setting your first goal to 90 days, you should take it down to 30, or maybe even one week without PMO. From there, build upon those achievements to create larger goals. They'll seem much more obtainable.
    2- Accept the fact that beating this addiction will be difficult, but worth it. There's so much anecdotal evidence out there that people who were miserable when they were addicted to PMO improved drastically after quitting their addiction. Maybe not everyone will improve drastically, but if it's a problem in your life, an addiction, removing it can only help you in the long run.
    3- Become an active member of this community. Share your own thoughts and tips, read others, read posts and welcome new people. This website and community can be a huge help.
    4- I think this tip is very important, find an Accountability Partner. I'm only about three days into quitting this addiction, but my Accountability Partners have been a huge help. On the first day, I was ready to give in. I grabbed my phone to do so, and saw that I had a text from my AP. He wanted to know if I was doing okay, I just talked it out with him and the urge passed. If you really want to beat this addiction, get an Accountability Partner or set up a group and stay in contact. It can help immensely.
    5- Most of all, don't give up! You can do it, believe in your strength! Believe in your self, that's vital to your success.

I hope you can find your own way when it comes to this difficult journey, and I know if you keep trying you can succeed in beating this addiction. Good luck!

6. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

First thing is at least you admit that you did it again. Do not feel shame or guilty. You definitely can do it. Have faith on yourself.