1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I crave confidence!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by 13texaslonghorn, Dec 15, 2013.

1. 13texaslonghorn

13texaslonghorn New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone, I'm 15 and currently a sophomore in high school. Really, I can't complain about PMO ruining my life, because it hasn't. My grades are in the top percentage of my class, I'm the best runner on my cross country team, and my family is strong. I feel empty though, especially since I met my current crush. I realized how much confidence I lack, and that I really don't put effort into anything. I want to talk to this girl without backing out at the last second, I want to give my all in school and running, but I wimp out, procrastinate, and worst of all PMO. I want to end this before it does ruin all the aforementioned great aspects of my life, and that's why I'm a fapstronaut.
    Thanks guys~J

2. 1dayasalion

1dayasalion Fapstronaut

Hey man, congratulations on joining the ranks. It's great that you've started so early. I'm new here myself, and I wish I'd found out about this a long time ago - I bet I could've had a lot more success. The confidence thing is real, and it's pretty crazy. I started a week ago, and already have noticed a lot more looks my direction. Girls at checkout counters start conversations with me, one girl at a burrito place even stopped another girl from starting my order so she could take it! My ability to hold eye contact is way better, my posture is better, my social ability has improved (I was always socially gifted, but now I feel a more natural ability to carry on conversation/start conversation), and I have more of a 'who cares' mentality - which is what you need to talk to that crush! I suggest you practice talking to as many girls you don't know as you can, like waitresses, cashiers, girls in the hallways, etc. - if you can do that effectively, it won't seem so daunting to talk to your crush. Good luck!

3. matø

matø Fapstronaut

Makes me really happy that you're so aware in your age. Just great to start at age 15! Most people are not very confident in your age. They just have different ways to handle it. You be the change!

4. Brandon2001

Brandon2001 Fapstronaut

Dude....I'm like the same age almost....one year younger. I found the same thing, basically I just like started doing it more and more to the point where I didnt think it would ever stop. If i was feeling bad, id do it, if i was feeling good, id do it....more and more i wasnt feeling anything, but still doing it. Anyway, you know the cycle. It sucks. But this site gives me hope. Lots of people here seem to be doing ok with it.