1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to talk to partner about compulsive use of vibrator?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Jodokus, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Jodokus

Jodokus Fapstronaut

I'll come clean about this now. My partner uses a strong vibrator. For masturbation and for the last few minutes while we have sex, to reach her climax. Most of the time. She told me once that she got used to harder vibration and thereby lost her ability to come only by her hands. With sex she sometimes comes without the toy though (maybe 5%).

As you can see I'm on reboot myself and now I'm thinking about suggesting her a reboot for regain clitoral sensibility. How long might that take? Is it a good idea? And how to tell her?
    I'm quite sure if she doesn't see it the way I see it (as a damage of her sensitivity by that tool) she won't agree.

And there's another aspect. Since recently and bc of the rebooting I'm wishing for a more intimate sex life with her. Well actually it changed already bc of better erection and more focus and endurance by me. She also has mentioned that. But it would be even better if she could come without an interfering tool.

2. AnnaMortis

AnnaMortis New Fapstronaut

As a female, I 100% agree that there are probably a tonne of women out there who are suffering sensitivity problems due to the way they masturbate. When you do it all the time especially direct clitoral stimulation, you train your body to want that level of clitoral action that doesn't always happen during real sex. I think this is a big problem in society but most of the focus goes onto male problems and females are just blaming guys for being bad in bed, when in reality they have some sort of death grip like problem. She should do this with you and give away the vibrator. I am doing this with my male partner and am not planning to really ever use my huge dildo or clit stimulator again much. It's kind of more rewarding and you feel more supported to do it together.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  3. Saskia

Saskia Guest

I have previously had a lengthy streak, and I noticed around day 30 my sensitivity was much improved. I have compulsively masturbated 30+ years, although not with toys. So day 30 was a good marker, my husband and I both had to adjust. Good luck to you both!

4. Jodokus

Jodokus Fapstronaut

Thank you for your answers! She's not ready yet to change it, but maybe I can convince her in the future.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

I'm over 100 days of no pmo, and I don't EVER touch myself. My boyfriend uses his hand to make me orgasm, it's AMAZING to have someone's warm hand make you orgasm in less than 20 minutes! I was so used to my vibrator I could not have sex without it, within time it'll get less sensitive! She needs to completely refrain from masturbating like I did, it has made me so much more sensitive! Even penetrative sex has gotten better, if she wants to be able to orgasm, harder and better she needs to stop using her vibrator and let you try. Good luck!!

Trigger ahead!!

He can even make me orgasm by rubbing his penis on my clitoris. It's amazing!

HopeFaith, Traci and Jodokus like this.
  6. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I have the same problem, never came with a man because I was self fulfilling. Did not realised why for 20 years until recently and here I am.

7. FlatlineFred

FlatlineFred Fapstronaut

I am using blue ED pills - (because I am in zero PMO Flatline)
    My GF was single for 6 years prior to us getting together and used a vibrator
    She uses it when we have sex (and expressed a concern that she should perhaps retire it)
    Last session she had 4 O's to my one! :p
    I need to get my shit together with my post PMO dopamine rebuild and getting my normal E's back so I dont really feel I should make HER to also 'go into treatment" at this time...

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  8. anewhope

anewhope Fapstronaut

My advice is not to look for problems. A session where she has 4Os and you have one does not sound like a problem. If you are both having satisfying sex together in a loving mutually supportive relationship then the fact that there are some toys involved shouldn't be a problem. My only advice would be to avoid falling into a routine where there is only one specific way that she, or you, reaches O. Keep the variety. If it is always her that uses it when you make love, then ask her to teach you how to use it on her - as well as your hands, mouth etc. Make sure it is your joint toy, not just hers. Other than that, just enjoy it!

ANH