How to stay positive knowing civilization is doomed?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Fenix Rising, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

I can't do that unfortunately. I work as global risks assessment analyst. Knowing what is going on around the world is part of my job description.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You don't believe in God?

3. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

I don't know in what to believe anymore.

4. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

What about charity, prayer, studying scriptures (your own spiritual growth), preaching or edifying others (with sincere love) ? That might sound hard because it concerns especially those who are saved (once and for all remember). But you can test after all and see if that fills in that void.. You might be surprised. But anyway, you said you were a man of science (now that's religion lol), and tons of scientists and historians admitted the existence of Jesus Christ, and even that the universe had to be "designed" by God. So why not breaking that foolish pride and ignorance by taking that new path of true Christianity ? I suggest Robert Breaker, Joseph Prince and R$E on YouTube.

5. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

That is all I needed to read to understand your perspective. You have warped your view of self-meaning to include all of life on the planet. That is an irrational and unsustainable value system.

Human beings are part of the natural processes on the planet. You misunderstand evolution, and propose a view of the world that stems from self-loathing. You will have to re-evaluate your values and perspective, if you want to cease being depressed.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    SanSolo likes this.
  6. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

...Visa? You mean Visa Inc., the international pay-card company based in California?

That sounds fascinating. Where did you read they were linked to the Vatican?

Quiet warrior likes this.
  7. My dog does also like this and she is perfectly happy with this. (sleep, walk, shit, eat, cuddles, sleep again) But you seem to be not satisfied at all with only basic needs satsified. So, maybe maybe there might be more then these for a human being to strive for and that is also a reason, why you can ask yourself and others questions about the sense of our existence? My dog can´t, she is pure instinct. She may feel happy or unhappy, but she also forgets quickly, if circumstances changes and adapts.

8. I don't care if the world is doomed or not. I'll just keep doing my best to make it a better place by doing my job and by working hard for my world - my family. I believe in God and His plan. Analysing it is most often a waste of time that can be arranged to make the world at least a bit better. Deeds, not words.

Quiet warrior and Saskia Simone like this.
  9. I stopped watching news and every bit of nowadays entertainment which is DISGUSTING.
    TV = nothing but lies and sex promo.

No TV, no news will make you focus more on yourself and the things you do.
    The less you know the happier you ll be.

Saskia Simone likes this.
  10. Matcham

Matcham New Fapstronaut

Why should we believe then? Your life seems to be a little boring, maybe try new things, world seems to doing fine since last world war was very long time ago

11. Fenix Rising

Fenix Rising Fapstronaut

Really? US drops 121 bombs a day on average. Afganistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Yemen, South Sudan are burning. One million refugees and immigrants passed through my country in 14 days. New wave is just a matter of time. We have barbwires and fances on our southern, northern and eastern borders, inside EU. You call this peace? I call it perpetual undeclared war.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  12. It's not that difficult if you aren't focused on the negative. I know the US is in decline but it hasn't destroyed my ability to live well and enjoy a decent quality of life. I plan on enjoying myself and develping myself physically and spiritually. Fuck would I want to sit in a corner and hug my knees all day for. I thought all this shit would implode years ago but it hasnt. It's gotten really assinine but its nothing I cant avoid or ignore, yet. I do my thing because the shit may not hit the fan in my life time. It's stupid to waste your life fearing some end that you may never see especially because theres nothing you can do about it anyway.

13. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Do what is right, that’s it. Civilization doesn’t matter, it is good that it is ending and those who stand upright will build the next one.

“The “end of a world” never is and never can be anything but the end of an illusion.”