1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to meet girls?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MecRalf, Nov 7, 2021.

1. MecRalf

MecRalf Fapstronaut

One of my biggest problems that always made me fall back to the PMO is my shyness and social anxiety, I decided to want to overcome all that.

I'm in my first week of NOFAP after a lot of trying, and I've decided that I want to get over the fear of talking to girls, but I don't know how to start and where I can do it. I actually find it a bit weird approaching random girls in public places

Beekind and Vanquisher12 like this.
  2. Houseonsea

Houseonsea Fapstronaut

Sign in on some Speed date ,you ll try ti met much real girl ,good luck ,bye

3. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

I don't blame you for finding it strange to approach girls in public places, and indeed it's certainly not the method I would recommend, principally because girls don't go to public places to pick up men, they go there to shop or eat out, and approaching them there will usually set off alarm bells because girls are always on their guard in such places, exactly for the reason that there are some real creeps around. Unless you're super smooth or good-looking, chances are you'll be labelled as one of those creeps, and even if you're both smooth and good-looking, it's by no means certain that you'll succeed because any woman will be able to detect your intentions as soon as you approach.

Instead, I vote you start joining some hobby and sports clubs - people go to these not just to have fun, but also to meet new people, so approaching a girl at these places is going to appear a lot less threatening and she will be much more open to getting to know you. However, don't just go to clubs to meet women, go to clubs for things you really enjoy doing, and to learn new things if you're feeling brave enough, and just enjoy it, as that will boost your confidence no end and allow the real you to shine through, making you irresistible to those women who are compatible.

4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Go to a mall and ask woman to help you to buy some cllothes. They are pay to help you, be nice and talk to you.

BEsides that, they are just woman. Stop putting them in pedestal. Most woman and man are demaged... so probably most woman you go to talk to is bad for you so.. every time you go and talk to a woman ask yourselve this... "Is she good for me?" when you go with that tough to talk to her you are not putting her on a pedestal, you are wonthering if you really want to spend time with her. That the mentality to is going to make you choose the rigth girl to you, and don't settle for any woman that showed interest in you.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  5. An0nym0use1234

An0nym0use1234 Fapstronaut

Yeah it's not a great idea to approach women in public for dating. College and community college classes are great for meeting women, as well as clubs and hobbies as Vanquisher12 mentioned above.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  6. modernstore99

modernstore99 Fapstronaut

We can see that you're 20, but can you give us any other details about your life? Strategies are really dependent on what most of your day consists stuff, what part of the country you live in, what activities/hobbies you have, and what type of place you live in.

For example, I'm currently a college student, I live in a large metropolitan areas with lots of young, single women, I do work for a contracting company part time, I'm pretty outdoorsy, and I really like sports, especially team based ones.

Most of the people I work with are dudes, so not meeting many girls there. So far I've had a lot of success meeting girls on dating apps on Tinder, for both hookups and long term relationships (I met my current girlfriend of almost a year on Bumble); that is probably in part though because I'm living in a metro area with lots of higher education institutions and lots of opportunities for women to be financially independent. Single women want to be where I live, so obviously I can meet more of them. I haven't experimented much with meeting women through sport teams or other clubs, mostly because I've had success elsewhere. There can be drama and loss of social opportunities if you date within friend or activity groups, so I choose to just be friends with women I'm actually friends with, regardless of whether I sense chemistry. If my luck changes though haha, I wouldn't hesitate to join tons of sport clubs or other team type activities to meet more people, especially women.

So it would be really helpful if you could just give us some background info on yourself, some things that you do (or don't) do regularly, and some activities or things that you're good at/enjoy and would do anyway. Thanks man

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  7. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

Girls are humans.
    Be kind be genuine, and there will be plenty of opportunities.
    Say hi and smile.
    Do that for a month and see how effortless it is to talk to people.

Vanquisher12 and modernstore99 like this.
  8. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

What @Vanquisher12 said. Clubs and sports are the best way. Check out meetup. I tried a meetup and four years later I am still doing the hobby and have been laid as a direct result. Don't be afraid to try new things. You have to get out of your comfort zone. You will meet girls and your social anxiety and shyness will improve.

Vanquisher12 and modernstore99 like this.
  9. ~icandothis~

~icandothis~ New Fapstronaut

If you affiliate with a religion that can also be a way to meet like minded people. Doesn’t necessarily have to be religious, but can be a community event for people who identify with a certain religion.

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  10. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Yes, this is certainly a good point, indeed religious groups I would think are certainly better than simply going to your main place of worship because of the reasons I explained above - again religious girls go to places of worship to pray, not to pick up men, so again they'll be on their guard, whereas religious groups again are primarily designed to meet other people who share your faith, so again girls will be more approachable there.

Future Bloomer and modernstore99 like this.
  11. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

community college? i taken a class at community college and most of the girls are already taken (atleast the attractive ones) and doesn’t leave you with much.

also, they are just focused on their classes more there and then leave.

12. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Go to dance classes.

Vanquisher12 likes this.