1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to increase will power?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Hi, how can we develop willpower?

2. L3t'sG0

L3t'sG0 Fapstronaut

Hi, how can we develop willpower?

So, I'm gonna assume you know what willpower is. Here is a article about willpower. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20876879/ The gist is that willpower seems to be limited only if you think so.

The rest of this explanation is just my personal experience, coupled with some reasoning.
    So great, just think that you have unlimited willpower. The problem is though, you can't completely convince yourself. There will always be some doubt in your mind that will believe this. You could also just forget what I told you but never mind that. To do this, you need to show yourself your willpower really is unlimited.

I say the only way to get this "great power" is to earn it. Set up a schedule with a lot of tasks you want to do, pair them with some breaks and get going. At first, you'll probably fail. What I want you to do instead of thinking you failed, is to think of it as a opportunity to succeed. For example, if you didn't cook cookie right, don't fret that you didn't. Focus on why the cookie didn't taste great. "Maybe the cookie wasn't baked long enough." Great, you have a solution to your problem. Apply it, and go at it again. This is the power of learning. You try to do sometimes ridiculous things and if you failed, you seek the problems and you learn from them.

There are plenty of other things you can do. Be open to all possibilities that come your way.

Have a great day.

3. Nautica

Nautica Fapstronaut

Avoid negative activities or foods that are bad for you.

Right now I make sure that everyday I don't eat fast food or eat out. I don't eat sweets or snacks either. I cook healthy meals at home. I realized that whenever I hate any processes garbage, urges immediately came right after.

Also try going to sleep and waking up at the same time everyday. When you wake up in the morning, immediately get up. Don't hit snooze or lay down for a few more minutes.

Make sure you practice activities towards your goals for a certain amount of time everyday.

Workout everyday

Resist temptations. If you have work that needs to be done.than don't go out hanging with your friends etc. Get your work done first.