1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to block apps on Iphone

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Bobbydigital84, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Bobbydigital84

Bobbydigital84 New Fapstronaut

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can block adult or dating apps on your iPhone?

I've been able to block adult content sites on my iPhone, but I can't work out how to block dating sites.

2. There is no great way of doing this stuff on an iPhone. You can try going through screen time and adding the sites address to your block list, and you can go into the app section and say you only want access to apps for under 18 years of age, since I think most dating apps would require 18+ years of age. You can also opt to hide the app store, which will keep you from downloading new apps.

Another method is to get all the apps you want, setup your screen time for the web, and then sign out of iCloud. This will allow the app store to be open but unable to download apps; This method will still let your existing apps be updated, while keeping you from installing new apps.

Bobbydigital84 likes this.
  3. Bobbydigital84

Thanks allot Macoy, I really appreciate that you took the time to respond. I will test these out

Macoy likes this.
  4. Bobbydigital84

Also, I have a couple of 18+ apps that I would like to keep. Any suggestions on what’s the best way to go about this when you specifically want to block certain apps(dating apps)? thanks

5. Unfortunately when you restrict by content rating it won't let you whitelist other apps within the rating. You could try downloading the 18+ apps you do use and then activate the restriction, maybe that will help it just apply to future downloaded apps. Other than that, the only suggestion I can make is to use the focus feature in screentime to setup time limits on the apps you want to avoid.