How to become an obsessively hard worker?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SerpentEagleHeart, Oct 1, 2015.

1. SerpentEagleHeart

SerpentEagleHeart Fapstronaut

Heard stories about LeBron James the basketball player waking up at 4am to practise and practising all day. I want to be similar. Any ideas what steps I need to take?

Calm likes this.
  2. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Start getting up at 4am. Simple as that.

Deleted Account and Calm like this.
  3. Calm

Calm Fapstronaut

4am....shit start going to bed at 8pm getting up that early with proper rest is a 2 part process...6 to 8 hours of sleep they say.

Also you could always start getting up at 5am. LeBron probably didn't just start waking up at 4. Maybe when he was younger he started getting up at 6 to practice, then later 530, then 5, then all of a sudden he was getting up at 4am every morning without fail to practice.

Proper rest cannot be stressed enough.

How early do you get up now?

4. FightingItRough

FightingItRough Fapstronaut

Read the book THE SLIGHT EDGE. Its the easy things we do day in and day out that make all the difference (diet, exercise, financial investing, etc.) in our lives. Also, these things are easy NOT to do. We as a culture have the lottery mentality, we want the small action with huge results. Its the small actions, compounded day in and day out, that have the compound affect on our lives. Eating fast food once wont kill you. Eating it again and again, compounded over time, will kill you. Get the book!

Calm likes this.
  5. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Love your obsession, it will take you there.

6. For success and focus ive found you have to pull away from the crowd. Surround yourself with positive like minded people and dive headlong into your passion. Live it breathe it. Normal people do the routine... Wake, breakfast, work, home, tv, bed... With a bit more in between... Then reapeat until dead. You need to switch off the tv, focus on you and your goals and this will get shit done. Sleep early, wake early. Focus on the now. This is how I approach my photography and it's served me well. The pmo has been baggage with it but that is getting sorted now too.

7. SerpentEagleHeart

SerpentEagleHeart Fapstronaut

Thanks for advice everyone! Slowly building up my working time, and sleeping better. Definitely agree with hanging out with likeminded people, I'll have a look at the Slight Edge!

8. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Basically the answer is simple: JUST DO IT ;)

People who are dedicated like him have no inner doubts. They are not constantly delayed and stopped by the inner voices of doubts which so many other people have.

That's the difference between outstanding people and normal people.

9. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

Here is where I am starting. I am doing work blocks with thirty minute breaks in-between. At the moment I am doing thirty minutes work, thirty minutes break. After a few weeks of this I am planning to do 45 minutes work 30 minutes break ect ect. Final aim to be ninety minutes work, thirty minutes break.

I think it's also about focusing on output. One man can work for an hour and make $100. Another can work for eight hours and make $100.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

You say something very important: One should learn not only to organize his work, but also to organize the breaks and vacations, and social contacts, etc.

In earlier times, I was focussing ONLY on my work, and I NEVER was planning any free time or vacations, social contacts, etc. - And so, what happened? I burned out, and since I did not organize my life in that regard, I fell into heavy fapping -- in fact, my I made a kind of very shrewd-up "break".

11. yep, i been waking up about 3 or 4 o clock i been going to bed about 9 at night. instead of waking up, trying to go back to sleep, meditate, or relax, i will go to work!!!

12. and that means now!!!! i can come back on this website during my break in a few hours.
    se you soon lol :)

13. XYHL

XYHL Guest

hey, im prolly a bit late, but my dad goes to sleep at 7 pm, and wakes at 4 am. he does form of exercises, to wake his body for stress and building endurance. he creates a large breakfast of mostly steamed vegetables, meat, and carbohydrates. he drinks a lot of cold water. he watches the news to relax and build up for the stress of the day. when he works, he always keep his mind clear and confidentiality definitely helps. he rarely takes any break during work, because he knows that extreme dedication leads to success, and possibilities. and not to mention you feel incredibly accomplished. you wont feel like in 24 hrs, but you can definitely build up.