1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to avoid the friendzone

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Nerevar, May 19, 2023.

1. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

Make your interest clear when you are hitting on them.

Hit on them in such a way that it makes it clear you are interested in them.

I'm not saying "I love you", I'm not saying cheesy pick up lines either, I'm saying from the moment you hit on them make it clear (indirectly) that you are there for a relationship.

Approach them in such a way that there is clear there is a romantic interest there.

It can even be "Hey, I wanted to talk to you but I didn't know what to say, so I'll just say hi", it's weird, but it makes it very clear 100% that you're there for a relationship. Not anything else.

Almost every case of friendzone I saw didn't do that. From the girl's perspective, it was very clear the friendzone guy approached her as a friend. The friendzone guy didn't get friendzoned, he friendzoned himself, by not making his interest clear when he was hitting on her.

But why don't friendzone guys do that? fear of rejection.

And that's where all the friendzone starts from, fear of rejection.

So what if, you do everything I said, make your interest clear when you are hitting on them, hit on them in such a way that it makes it clear you are interested in them, the moment you hit on them make it clear (indirectly) that you are there for a relationship, approach them in such a way that there is clear there is a romantic interest there. And you still get an "I think we should be friends".

What do you say to that? You say "no" and leave. That's how you avoid the friendzone.

Some may say sarcastically: "oh, what a useful advice". Bro, the girl doesn't like you, from that point you have only 2 options: keep being in the friendzone, leave.

The girl doesn't like you, the girl isn't attracted to you, and instead of leaving you kling to the friendzone in hopes, that's the fear of rejection talking out of you again. Because you cannot accept that reject, you cannot accept that the girl doesn't like you, the girl isn't attracted to you, that's why you are in the friendzone.

2. TL;DR Version:

Don’t pretend to be someone’s friend.

3. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

TLDR version, make sure she has Genuine Desire for you and not your beta bucks.

4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

One reason why there's so many male suicides is because men don't have any close friends.

5. I messed up a few years ago with a girl. She really liked me. I was a bit unlucky thanks to the lockdown but all in all, I moved too slow and got friend zoned. But then I got her attracted to me a good while after that. I dont recommend ever chasing a girl if you get friend zoned but if you are like me and manage to get over your own feelings, it can work out. Nofap helps because that made me genuinelly attracted to her. We were friends but I was unable to hide my attraction for her. She could sense it. It was a physical attraction. I wanted her but I didnt need her. My takeaway from this experience is that you shouldnt even try dating if you cant get a streak. Once you have a streak, your sex drive will do the work for you. If you feel attracted to a girl, you will just continue pushing until something breaks. She will let her guard down because you preservere or she will find her way out. There wont be any middle ground.