How much caffeine do you drink and do you consider your consumption level healthy?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Administrator Account, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Caffeine-free now.

Benefits I've experienced:
    • Fall asleep easier.
    • Don't feel terrible when waking up in the morning until that first cup of caffeine.
    • Generally feel more alert.
    • Don't feel tired mid-day.
    • Feel healthier for doing it.
    Downsides:
    • If you fall behind too much on sleep, no crutch to get you through the day: you're just going to have a bad day.
    • Lots of drinks have caffeine, so you need to cut down on drinks or find new ones.
    • If you eat out a lot at fast food, there are often very limited caffeine-free options for drinks.
    Worth mentioning that the first time I abstained cold-turkey, had splitting headaches and felt like the room was spinning. This time, I weaned off very slowly, going from only 1/2 of a cup of black tea to nothing. Despite weaning off, THERE WAS STILL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS! Nuts! STILL got a headache, although not close to as bad, and still felt very tired with a slight headache. It was a far less intense and much quicker withdrawal than going cold-turkey, but it wasn't very much fun for a day.

2. Another effect I've noticed from quitting caffeine: more dreams, remembering dreams more easily, or vivider dreams. Can't tell which ;)

3. That's probably because of better sleep, indirect cause.

I think I drink too much coffee as well, couldn't really stop though. I first try to completely cut soda<-sugar... then maybe lower my coffee-intake to one cup before 16:00. Caffeine-Free Coffee also worked really well as a substitute, I remember being able to do that for 3-4 weeks, then I just didn't care about it, but it's a great option to lower caffeine in particular.