1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how many among you meditate? please share your experiences and results

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Z_the_B, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Z_the_B

Z_the_B Guest

Reading bible is an awesome habit
    But as I said
    Reading and meditating are two completely different neurological processes so do meditation for at least 5 mins.

2. Columba

Columba Fapstronaut

I've tinkered with it a bit, and find that when I sit to do it, it's something I really don't want to do, but after I've done it, I wish I did it all the time and feel calmer and that change is possible.

3. jmark

jmark Banned

I spend twenty minutes in prayer and meditation every morning. It's worked wonders! It centers me and helps me keep my priorities straight.

4. Z_the_B

Z_the_B Guest

Can you please explain what do you mean by being "centered" ?

5. jmark

jmark Banned

Sure!

For me, centering means remembering who I am and how I fit into the grand scheme of things (as far as my very limited knowledge can tell).

The content of this centering would be different for each person.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  6. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

I've have a strict daily yoga based meditation practice for 4 years now. Its not hard to find resources to find out more. I began by searching the web, but have really expanded it by attending workshops, etc. You can find all that you need to start there.
    It did not make my PMO problem go away, because I wasn't expecting it to when I began. I started it to reduce stress and lower my blood pressure, which it did. I plan on utilizing it now to help me get off PMO.
    I'm new here, but I would guess that what I have learned/gained from meditation could really be hugely beneficial to guys trying to beat PMO. So many of us are talking about what we can do with our spare time if we are not PMOing. A meditation session can be done any time, almost any where, from 5 minutes to an hour. I can't recommend it enough. PM me if you want to discuss more.

7. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

Centered is a vague term. To me it means "becoming mindful" in the moment. Whether appreciating a fine experience, or responding to something unpleasant. If you "center" yourself just then, you are in the moment and able to witness it appropriately. Its something that anyone can do, when they think of it, but being able to be centered all of the time, when you need is a lifelong pursuit. A person can train themselves through a meditation practice.
    Why should you be able to become "centered"? Being in the moment is the only reality. The past is a memory and the future is a fantasy.
    Living in the moment is "waking up". That is what the Buddha is all about. I didn't make any of this stuff up, I've just learned it over the years. If there is any downside to following this path, it is that it is slippery. You can get on the bus with it right now, but it takes a lifetime to master, and the benefits come through time, not through extra effort. Just dedication.

8. Z_the_B

Z_the_B Guest

I would love to get centered! Lol.

9. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

10. APCIA

APCIA Fapstronaut

meditate instead of medicate

11. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

Thanks for the link, Vision!

12. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

13. hopepeacelove

hopepeacelove Fapstronaut

I do meditate but I am but a beginner, and a teenager lol. It helps a lot in terms of calming the body. You can search for meditation apps on your smartphone like "headspace".

14. Worm

Worm Fapstronaut

This is great. Meditation is part of what brought me to my knees - made me realize how who I am and what I've been doing isn't adding up. So very true. Only if I could find the time to do it more! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  15. Wow, this is a great post!

I'm with you, Meditation should be taught at school.
    It's like a workout for the brain.

I did it, but far too less. My recent relapses show me that I really need a much deeper change in my life style, including regular exercising and meditation. Should be part of a daily routine like showering and teeth brushing.

16. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

I use the Equanimity app as a timer, it also logs your practice and has a place to journal daily as well. Yoga and Meditation brought me to end the fapping. Hopefully they will be my strength through out.

17. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Thank you for your Post, Emerge I really like to experience what you are doing and I have the Book, I will try to complete it, Its a great book! It helps a lot for Addicts, to be Strong and to understand the Powers of Mind.

18. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

I like what you've said Brother! You've got your own Ideas and Methods! It is very Important to Improvise! Keep it going Godspeed to all of us!

19. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut