1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you meditate daily?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by stygian, May 8, 2017.

Round to the nearest answer

1. < 5 minutes

14.3%
  2. 5 minutes

10.7%
  3. 10 minutes

19.6%
  4. 15 minutes

12.5%
  5. 20 minutes

17.9%
  6. 30 minutes

12.5%
  7. 45 minutes

5.4%
  8. 1 hour

5.4%
  9. 2 hours

1.8%
  10. > 2 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

For those of you who meditate each day, for how long do you do it? Post your story and any thoughts below.

2. Andre2807

Andre2807 Fapstronaut

I meditate, but different to most people.

I try to meditate on one piece of scripture for about a week... keeping it in mind and thinking about it here and there throughout a day. It helps me to focus on God, rather than on all the distractions of everyday life.

3. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I meditate generally for about 20 minutes a day in terms of concerted practice but I semi-meditate a lot of the time whereby I slow my breathing down and use a chant or mantra when I feel myself getting stressed out or anxious.

4. Riddle22

Riddle22 Fapstronaut

i meditate only on toilet room where my stomach is really can't hold it hehehe :V

phwrancesco and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Riddle22

Riddle22 Fapstronaut

it's true how about the others ? it is only me the used to be like that??

6. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I don't know what you mean.

7. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I usually, on average, meditate about 30 minutes a day but some days are different . sometimes it's 30, sometimes it's 15, even over 40 . It all depends on how I'm feeling & how the day is going .

Meditation Is The Truth .

Deleted Account and Leona like this.
  8. This is my first week meditating and I starting off with 5 mins a day. I'll increase over time. But yeah, I forgot to do it today so I'm gonna go do that now

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

I meditate twice a day for 13 mins each time. Once before work and once at lunch time. I've been in this practice for a little less than 2 years and I highly recommend it.

10. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

11. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

You can meditate 24 hours a day. Meditation doesnt require to sit still and focus on your breathing

12. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I should have clarified it; I mean meditation separate from other activities.
    Meditation cannot be done 24 hours a day, when one is sleeping for example.

13. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

Btw what do you think of the role of time in practicing mediation? I'm just curious. I'm not sure it is a training like physical training. It's about awareness, and i'm not sure being aware can be trained. When i practice meditation, my head just pops up "Why am i doing this". What is difference between 10 minutes and 1 hour meditating? i wonder

14. pavloo91

pavloo91 Fapstronaut

I meditate at least 15 minutes a day. Depending on the day, it can increase to 30 or 40 minutes (another session during the day).

15. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

Yes, being aware can be trained. So one gets better at it with time. Brain scans on advanced and beginner meditators meditating show different activity.

Deleted Account and vulture175 like this.
  16. projectexperiment

projectexperiment Fapstronaut

Yesterday I did two and a half hours with the goal of transmutation. I started getting surges of well being after about an hour and it felt like I was having an orgasm. Today I'll probably go for about an hour or more.

I started fantasizing before I started meditating so I had to do something about all that horny feeling.

Gabriel Kalei on youtube does videos about this (and everything else), and he said he's doing well meditating for an hour a day. I took his advice and got crazy results.

17. microsmurfen

microsmurfen Fapstronaut

I do 1 hour per day for 4 month now. Usually when i wake up. I use holosync and Im at awakening level 1.

stygian likes this.
  18. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

What do you mean crazy results? With respect to feelings during the meditation itself, or benefits in other areas of your life? If so, what?