1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How does one pick up grils in the gym

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Akon500, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Akon500

Akon500 Fapstronaut

Hey after a long injuryi went to the gym, and spottet multiple targtes, how to you
    go about this ?

500 likes this.
  2. I think picking up girls in the gym can be one of the most difficult places to do it. She might be there to work out and does not want to be hit on. She may have headphones on does not want to be disturbed. You have to keep in mind that even though you might be there trying to meet people, not everyone is there for that reason.

If you are going to attempt it, I would say you have to try and make it casual. Maybe one day you just give her a compliment like "you were killing it there on squats." and then just move on. Then another day if you can workout near her, you can ask her about some exercise she is doing. I think you would need to build some comfort level with her before asking her out. But keep in mind if you try to talk to her and she is not interested in conversation because she is focused on her workout then you need to leave her alone and move on.

Dmitry Strong likes this.
  3. penisman1984

penisman1984 Fapstronaut

Personally I would not pick up girls at the gym. Too high risk.

However if a girl is constantly eyefucking you and showing interest then go for it. You only live once.

Ok_Poem_2940 and Craig2121 like this.
  4. Lift with your legs!

Craig2121 likes this.
  5. Akon500

Akon500 Fapstronaut

ye ye makes sense

6. lol!

7. Shouganai

Shouganai Fapstronaut

I think the only situation I'd go for it in a gym is if you see a girl there regularly. You can feel out her openness to convo by progressing from a smile, to a "good morning," to commenting on her split or whatever. But yeah I agree that it takes at least some tact to approach a random girl working out, especially if she has headphones in etc.

If I saw someone who really caught my eye and I needed to take the risk, I'd definitely wait until she's about to leave, so the rest of her workout isn't uncomfortable if she's not interested (also don't eye her obviously the whole time). Don't lay it on heavy, but just be honest and down to earth. Make it quick since she could have somewhere to be. Could be easier if you wrote your number on a slip of paper to speed up the process and put the control in her hands. "Hey, I'm ___, sorry to hold you up but I'd love to grab a coffee or have lunch sometime if you'd like! Here's my number, feel free to text me!" Then just go back to lifting.

If not with paper then come up with a way to reduce the pressure on here is a solid route, I reckon.

8. Nerevar

Nerevar Fapstronaut

Outside having a genitalia men and women are basically the same. Just go and talk to her, introduce yourself casually and maybe share some workout secrets. If she's into you, ask her for your number and at the end of the day and you'll keep talking.

Really, just ask yourself "how would I like to be approached if I were in this situation?".

kropo82 likes this.