1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you handle constructive criticism?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by IggyIshness, Jul 25, 2017.

1. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

How do you give and how do you receive constructive criticism? And what exactly is constructive criticism? Sometimes i get pissed when someone gives me constructive criticism and i cant tell the difference of someone making you feel bad or if they are just helping you

plant goodness likes this.
  2. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

It's not well taken in these forums that's for sure.

3. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

It depends on who is criticizing you and why.

I'd be reluctant to take criticism anonymously online.

Offline, I think having a relationship established with whomever is offering the constructive criticism is vital or else the criticism won't be entirely deep rooted and helpful.

Perhaps someone who doesn't really know you offers sincere criticism from a helpful place which can be helpful.

I think if it makes you feel better as in uplifts you and inspires you to apply effort more skillfully it can be considered helpful/constructive.

If it makes you feel weird and you find yourself in a bad mood and seem to be doing worse it probably is poisonous.

4. plant goodness

Also sometimes our ego doesn't want to hear the truth.

So use your discernment and intuition but also keep an eye on yourself. I mean make sure you aren't misinterpreting someone, which can be hard on a forum sometimes.

Nice avatar btw. I was born in the year of the fire tiger.

5. plant goodness

To give constructive criticism effectively I think you need to first of all establish some semblance of a relationship so you have trust with someone and then genuinely speak from a place of sincerity without self interest attached to the criticism.

6. Drew140

Drew140 Guest

If you offer an outsiders perspective on here people get upset really fast. Trying to get people to act outside their comfort zone also creates backlash.

Deleted Account likes this.