How do You Deal With the Pain of Hard Work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 28, 2017.

How do you deal with the pain of hard work?

1. Just man up and deal with it!

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I add on work slowly.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Listen to music.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So we all know that feeling when you are working hard. The butterflies in your gut when the pain hits. Yeah that feeling. The one that eats away at you until your either defeat it or it defeats you.

When work needs to be done it needs to be done. My question is how do you guys deal with the pain associated with reaching for your goals? As a teenager, I've never been taught how to handle that level of adversity. But if you read my journal, you know I'm gonna need it a whole hell of a lot. How do you guys deal with the pain of discipline?

Mankrik likes this.
  2. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Fling yourself into the abyss and realize it's only a featherbed. I'm not sure where I heard that quote but I live by it. A lot of times the hardest step is just getting started but most of the time once you do, it's not that bad. Every night I take a cold shower and my mind keeps telling me to put it off but I turn on the freezing water and everything is just fine. Every morning I want to keep sleeping but I get up and it's out the door for a run before school. The thought and worry that clouds my mind and tells me not to do difficult things goes away once I get into it. So the first step is just committing and getting started but there's another piece to the puzzle.

Nobody ever told me this, I found it out for myself: you have to believe in something. You have to be working towards something that you can make real and tangible if you set your mind to it. It's not about resources, it's about resourcefulness. I had a crush on a girl awhile back so I did everything I could to get in shape, do nofap, and develop my social skills so I could have a positive interaction with her. The thought of getting the chance to see her and talk to her is what got me out of bed every morning. I finally had the courage to ask her out and she said she just wanted to be friends. I had no regrets even though what I was afraid of actually happened. You can't live in your head too much. Now my motivation is very similar; although there's not currently a girl I am pursuing, the thought of meeting my future wife inspires me to be the best me I can be. You need to find your goals in life and think about those motivations when the time comes to do hard work.

It's not going to be easy, but it wouldn't be any fun if it was. You can't live life and understand it at the same time; you just have the choices that you know are going to benefit you and ultimately bring you fulfillment. Look long term and don't be afraid to make sacrifices. Your future self will thank you.

Pietar likes this.