1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How Childhood Led to Stripping - Harmony Dust Grillo's Story

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 10, 2018.

1. Find out more about her organisation at http://iamatreasure.com/ Personally I think it's a great organisation which I used to financially support when I didn't have money problems.

Harmony's story below (make be triggery for some)

kropo82 likes this.
  2. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

She has many negative influences as a child and teen.
    She also has free will.
    We are responsible for our thoughts... behaviors... and feelings.

Oprah was sexually abused... and didn't join a strip club.
    This woman could have turned to a church or synagogue .... instead she chose her abusive pimp boyfriend.

It is good that she is now promoting healthy, moral, positive things.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. If you read her biography you'll know why she did turn to a church.

4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Despite the bad things that happened to her she chose to become a stripper. Just like she chose to stop.

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I don’t think anyone, at least here, is saying you are doomed to do or repeat an activity simply because of the way you grew up, because most of us know that is false.

Many times, sex trafficking, stripping, etc comes out of desperation, especially financially, rather than the way you grew up. Many people get trafficked because, while they go through absolutely terrible things, they tend to not be left hungry or without shelter either. For them, it’s a pick your poison moment.

Several anti-trafficking sites I visited mention logical solutions such as empowering the victims by providing a safe place to turn to, and providing skill training to go to another profession, while also pushing for better punishment against the traffickers.

Many want help, they just don’t know how to get it while staying safe.

kropo82 and Gotham Outlaw like this.