1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope is an anchor for the soul

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by BeautifulWarrior, Feb 6, 2017.

1. BeautifulWarrior

BeautifulWarrior Fapstronaut

Day 10 of sobriety for my guy. Having hope for him but mainly just trying to focus on loving me, because I know if I don't do some serious work within myself right now then if he relapses I'm going to be destroyed again. I can't let that happen! I had an awesome day yesterday. Is life perfect or exactly where I want it to be? No. But I had joy from within and it made all things around me beautiful....what peace! I went to church and it was amazing....my soul was on fire and my spirit renewed!! God opened my eyes and showed me the truth. I felt so loved by Jesus. I feel stronger and ready to get down to business and kick this dependency stuff in the ass!! My life will only change when I stand up and say enoughs enough. I deserve good love. I need to get down on my knees and pray without ceasing!! Life is so beautiful; I don't want to waste another moment! Take hold of what was always yours! Self-love and true freedom! Fight! Fight! Fight! ❤❤❤

2. LadyDefiant

LadyDefiant Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Far too often we forget that perfection isn't the goal of life. Inner joy that shines bright and moments of peace and clarity are to be relished. I hope these feelings last throughout the week as you continue on your path to recovery.

3. BeautifulWarrior

Thank you! Isn't that the truth.... The feeling will stay only if I allow it. Hope is all I have. Hope you have a great day! Peace and love ❤✌️

4. Congrats for to the both of you!! Take One day at a time it's tough what you guys are going through but in the midst of all your struggles your hope in the Lord

James1:12 "Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." Keep doing what you're doing, be on your guard stand firm in the faith be courageous and be strong. Check out 1Corinthians 10:13. God promises a way out but sometimes it isn't be easy to spot, but it is there even if we have to look hard for it. Unfortunately, when our passions are inflamed, it is difficult to think clearly, When the urges are very strong.

The important thing is there guys are both here and trying to improve, I know you will get there. you're on The path to victory, you have Jesus on your side. Keep fighting the good fight :)

BeautifulWarrior likes this.
  5. BeautifulWarrior

Thank you! So far so good. Just trying to lean into God; my partner was struggling tonight with some thoughts but he fought them off. I worry about relapse but I'm trying to not let it consume me; he is in Gods hands, not mine. Peace and love to you!

ItsNeverTooLate and SteelshoT like this.
  6. Yeah of course anytime!

Hey that's great!! every battle won will make the both of you stronger.

all you can do is support and encourage him and Pray, and pray more. This guy is lucky to have such a caring and understanding girl at you at his side. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
    Matthew 6:34 I know it's much easier said than done, keep working hard and stay strong.

BeautifulWarrior likes this.
  7. BeautifulWarrior

SteelshoT likes this.