1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope for the human race

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Waldo101, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

i just a heard a huge news report that 7 planets have been discovered that's similar to earth. It's actually big news.

If we trash our planet with over population, we have hope to immigrate to other cleaner planets.

Yes I know this sounds like I'm joking but this is a reality folks. Take it seriously.

A new planet. A new home.

August One and Grow_out_of_it like this.
  2. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I saw this report too! Super cool. I can't wait until their new telescopes can collect more information for us!

August One likes this.
  3. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

We will learn of new geographies and landscapes. It will be gorgeous like the garden of Eden. All brand new and clean.

Once we arrive, we need to be eco friendly and not make the same mistakes we did with earth. Earth was basically our experiment but with our new planets, we will move forward to a brighter future and gorgeous sunsets of the new sun.

August One likes this.
  4. August One

August One Fapstronaut

That sounds so out of this world!

5. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

This is why more money should be spent on space agencies globally.

Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson knows the score.

6. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

We stopped dreaming

7. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

How are you going to get to another planet.. There are so many things wrong with going to another planet, We should worry about our own.

8. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

We visit other planets to spread peace and love throughout the universe.

I Free I likes this.
  9. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

Like dis

10. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Its not that simple. You cant travel one light year with a shitty rocket

11. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

Honestly, I'm not really concerned with going to other star systems. We have more than enough to do in our own little corner of the cosmos. I see traveling across the solar system as being comparable to crossing the ocean. In early history it just wasn't going to happen. Then as technology and knowledge of how things work advanced, shipbuilders got better at building ships capable of carrying people across the big blue. The moon landing was the culmination of thousands of years of advancements toward taking people places we couldn't possibly reach before. And it may take thousands more before humanity can truly tame this little star system. By then I think we'll be ready to start looking at going to other systems. And hopefully by then our capability to examine distant planets will have grown to the point that we'll be able to adequately prepare for the realities specific to those worlds.

I also see the future of space travel being done with massive rail guns blasting manned capsules across space. Thrusters would begin slowing them immediately after launch, then they would begin the process of getting caught up in the gravitational pull of whatever planet/moon they're trying to get to. This could solve a lot of issues of the logistics of space travel.

Star Lord likes this.
  12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Interesting idea about the rail guns.
    On the topic of propulsion technology, scientists had made or discovered the only current sample of a new metal called "metallic hydrogen". But when they began testing it it simply disappeared, shattering the diamonds it was enclosed in, into fine dust.
    They say that they have hopes this new metal could be used in pretty much everything from propulsion technology to electric cables. Because it has amazing qualities, one being super conductivity, far better than even gold.

13. I Free I

I Free I Guest

[​IMG]

MrPrince likes this.
  14. Detraks

Detraks Fapstronaut

... I honestly don't think humans should even depart to other place even if we had the technology. Just look what we did last time we met another "race" (africans or amerindians) we put them into slavery there is a reason the first thing most people think when they think of aliens are invaders Its because that what we did when we found a new civilisation. Furthermore, if we trash our "homeworld" and just go w/e and fly to another planet the corruption will just keep going its the same deel then with Noa's arch. excuse me for being so harsh but we have a lot to learn before leaving. On the technological aspect (speed of light is the fastest you can go in space) but mostly on what we are and how we act as a race