Hope a new begining

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Tryin, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Tryin

Tryin New Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I have tried many many times. Sometimes gone on streaks lasting months, and then seen the difference, but still somehow seems like I relapse. I have tried it all, promised myself, promised God, seen how the effects show (both +ve after streaks, and -ve after relapse - leave aside all else, even just the feeling of achievement and following through on my own commitment. I have done it all in past. Quit smoking cold turkey after smoking for 10 yrs, paused alcohol for period of years when I needed to (was never addicted just needed to pause for personal reason), I have done exercise routines for days for preparing for events and even worked crazy hours. But somehow NoFap is where my willpower fails me. Or I feel the problem is maintaining consistency over a really long period. Or tiding over the low points. Sorry for the rant. I just relapsed nth time and want to come somewhere and commit to someone one time to see if this makes any difference. I will start my new streak now and see how long I can last. Good luck to all of you and stay strong!

Gray Duck likes this.
  2. Hi @Tryin. Thanks for your post. It definitely speaks to me in that I’ve been successful in other areas of my life but consistency over the long term is definitely what I struggle with most. I’m also searching for that “thing” that will help me be successful over the long term. From what I’ve read, it seems that addiction has to do with us running and hiding from life in certain circumstances. We try and escape by giving our brains the chemicals they need to feel better. I believe the key to long term success is to find the reasons why we turn to PMO and then deal with those reasons in a healthier way. I believe this is part of the equation. The other part is that PMO is so easily accessible. It’s everywhere, including in our own memory. So learning how to resist that urge and go do something else is a very important step.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you and wish you well. I’m new here too. Take care.

3. WilliamQuopy

WilliamQuopy Fapstronaut

So psyched... Larry and myself are going... as well as a friend I have visiting for the weekend... maybe Ill have him into fish by the time he leaves... lol