Hobbies that Help

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Wreck_It, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Wreck_It

Wreck_It Fapstronaut

I wanted to ask if anyone out there has any hobbies which help stay busy and out of your head. I recently started yoyoing and just doing a trick over and over practicing it, really gets me into a meditative space and kind of resets my thinking. It helps me a lot when I feel boredom or anxiety setting in. I know people who work out or play music, but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas to keep life interesting!

gouda likes this.
  2. Learn a new language for me

went to learn martial art

crochet

gouda likes this.
  3. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Martial Arts help a lot.

I started doing BJJ recently and find myself too tired to want to LARP a fighter pilot.

It also helps with stress and boredom. I find the more bored and/or stressed I am, the more I am likely to pretend I'm an A-10 Thunderbolt II

Brain-Police and gouda like this.
  4. gouda

gouda Fapstronaut

Drawing or painting can be very meditative. Being in nature is also great.

5. Wreck_It

Wreck_It Fapstronaut

These are really immersive activities so far I really dig them. Has anyone joined a club that has helped them? Things like a running club, tabletop gaming club, church group, anything on meetup or even started one? I feel like that can take it a step further. I can do a hobby I enjoy in a new community and get away from me!

6. Join a gym. Crossfit gyms in particular have a very social aspect to them. Team workouts, everyday is different, it's great. Plus you get to use that pent up energy from being a good boy and not doing the thing.

Wreck_It likes this.
  7. goldiz

goldiz New Fapstronaut

Photography is one of my hobbies, I like taking photos. If I need some inspiration I check large thematic collection of stock photography on depositphotos to find exactly what I need. That's so convy. I just found coral images there for my blog.There are royalty-free images, videos, vectors on every theme. Useful tool for beginners and pro photoraphers.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    SoBeOne likes this.
  8. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

9. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

I have no idea why, but I've always wanted to whittle. it just felt wholesome.
    I've never tried it before but tomorrow I have a workshop and I'll learn how to make a spoon.:D
    it sounds silly, but it would be a creative thing to do with my hands, and it just feels nice.