1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies and habits instead of Fapping

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Pia501, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Pia501

Pia501 Fapstronaut

Hello everyone.

I thought that I would make a post of what I have been doing this year, so people can get some ideas from it.

Journaling
    I started around November time. I find using a paper journal quite hard, as my handwriting is not the neatest and I often have different lengths for journal entries. So I switched to using a journaling app called Day One.

It is great for a number of reasons. You can put pictures into your journal entries and it will take the location and time + date from picture. This is useful for my daily journal, where I catalogue what I do each day. You can also tag and favourite certain entries to make them easier to find.

I also have a few different journals in day one:
    -a daily journal
    -an exercise journal
    -a photo journal
    -a winning journal (when you have achieved something)
    -a dream journal
    -a goals, motivation and wellbeing journal

Calisthenics
    I have done two different workout programmes this year. I did Mark Lauren's You are Your Own Gym, using the downloable app. I highly recommend this, as it is easy to follow and it has 3/4 different difficult levels.

I experiment with exercise cards for a while and did my own thing. However I got a bit bored of this. I started to use the GMB P1 programme, to do something a bit different. This requires paralletes and is challenging in a different way from normal workout programmes. It is more about control and form than reps and how you look at the end.

On the side, I have been using the explosive calisthenics book to come up with some leg routines, as well as practicing progressions towards something called a kip up.

Reading
    I have read quite a few non-fiction books this year including:
    -Thinking Fast and Slow
    -The Marshmallow Test
    -Drive
    -The Miracle Morning
    -The Power of Habit
    -Explosive Calisthenics
    -Eat That Frog
    -The Soulmate Experience
    -Pushing The Limits
    -Sleep
    -The Road Less Travelled

I have found some of them to be quite informative and helpful. I would recommend the top 5 in the list to anyone.

Meditation
    I use an app called Headspace, however there is a pretty cool new app that is just called meditation on iOS. This will help relax you and also make you step back and be conscious of your cravings to masturbate.

Morning and Nighttime Routines
    I would recommend that you try this out. It helped me forge quite a few habits. Have a routine in the morning when you wake up and stick to it. This has a few benefits by doing the habits together, you will be less likely to miss one out. Also if you want to start doing something new, you can tag it onto the end of this routine and you will find it will become a lot easier to form a new habit if it is attached to old habits.

To-do lists
    Make a list of what you need to do in the morning to make this day successful. Try to review the list in the night time.

I hope some people find this helpful and try some of this out.

Thanks