1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hitting On Customers At Work?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by jcl1990, Apr 19, 2022.

1. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

So I work in a high customer interaction job. Lots of different people coming into the store each day.

If I wanted, I could probably make about 2-3 approaches every day I’m at work and try to get numbers from the women customers.

Anyone here ever make their workplace a place to make approaches?

Over the past few years I’ve asked a few girls if they wanted to hang out, but I rarely ever do it. Do you think it’s a good idea?

Will Cameron likes this.
  2. Does your company have any kind of policy around that?

jcl1990 likes this.
  3. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

No, there is no policy. The only risk would be a customer getting offended and calling the corporate office to complain. But I doubt that would happen as long as I am genuine and nice

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I wouldn't do it. That's not what either of you are there for. If I was running a business I'd be OK with my employees hitting on / dating each other as long as it didn't interfere with their work, but hitting on a customer would be no bueno. Too many people out there these days looking to sue and there is a lot of potential exposure to the company if you hit on the wrong women and she sees it as harrassment.

Will Cameron and jcl1990 like this.
  5. stanza88

stanza88 Fapstronaut

6. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Yea I will not go full into trying to approach customers at my job. Maybe every once in a while if they seem to be extra interested in me. I'm not even worried as it being seen as harassment, because I have never once in my life been accused of being harassing when asking a woman out, as long as I was being genuine, nice, and actually truly liked her.

But just for my own peace of mind, I won't continuously ask girls at my work for their phone numbers. I can do that outside of work when I am more anonymous if I choose to do so in the future

7. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Yea I won't do it. I will just ask out girls outside of my work if I really feel like doing it. I will only ask a girls phone number at work if she seems interested in me.

8. Just don't be like this..

jcl1990 likes this.
  9. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

haha

10. Idk, I have a bit of a different opinion on this I think. I mean, you need to be careful because you could have problems with your job if people get offended or if one of your coworkers tells someone that you're always hitting on women at work or something.

But I've had a cashier ask me out before, and I was flattered and would have said yes if I hadn't already been married at the time. So I don't really see anything inherently wrong with it.

jcl1990 likes this.
  11. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Thanks for this response. Yea I’ve never had anything bad happen to me as long as I genuinely am attracted to the girl and am nice when I ask them out, like at work.

I think what I can do is decide before I go into work whether or not today will be a “try to talk to girl customers” day, or if it will just solely be a work day. If I decide to make it an asking day, I can do it when no coworkers are around and IF my initial conversation with her seems to be going well.

So as long as I don’t overdo it and am somewhat discrete about it, it should be fine to do this

12. Maybe I'm just naive to how this works, but that seems really weird to me. I would assume you'd ask someone out if you feel some kind of connection or attraction, not decide ahead of time.

Idk, as a woman, that's just kind of sad to me. Most women assume if a guy asks them out that it actually has something to do with them, not that they're just hitting their quota for the day or something.

jcl1990 likes this.
  13. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Well, I just meant to get myself mentally motivated to talk to women in a different way than just as a customer. Not for reaching a daily quota.

Basically, I just meant if I’m feeling really good, then maybe I will say to myself, “okay, I will try talking to some girls today”

Because usually, at my job, the interactions with customers are very brief. So I would have no way of really knowing if there is any connection between us other than thinking they are attractive or not.

So I would need to proactively try to talk to the women for a longer period of time than usual.

Yea, there also is a possibility of a natural connection happening on any day, and then yea, I would need to ask for the number no matter what day it is.

But yea, of course I would only ask a girl on a date if there was something about her, and not at all for reaching a daily quota.

So we are thinking along the same lines. Yea I just think your perspective on it is slightly different since you are the one being asked out versus the one doing the asking out

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  14. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying :)

jcl1990 likes this.
  15. Just my opinion, but I think it would be okay if you establish some sort of chemistry first with her. For example don't go hitting on every woman in the store and asking them out, but if one woman is saying hello to you all the time and you have little conversations with her, I think it would be okay.

jcl1990 likes this.
  16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I used to work in retail and some of women I served I liked but thought it would be unprofessional to ask for their numbers. I mean I was there to work not get a girlfriend, and they were there to buy clothes not find a boyfriend.

jcl1990 likes this.
  17. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Hitting on customers seems a bit more awkward and difficult on than your coworkers. I've did retail for a couple years and never asked a customer for their number, having a line of people waiting and my coworkers around added stifling pressure.

jcl1990 likes this.
  18. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

It does not seem a good idea, some customers will not feel comfortable, they will avoid the shop. And some could report you, buthurt ,metoo movements.

jcl1990 likes this.
  19. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Or you could try this ? If you serve her frequently, just give nice complimemt like ,"you look nice today, how was your day" and see how she responds wether she returns other days, whether she let you serve her again or not ? Idk ?

jcl1990 likes this.
  20. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Yea, that’s a good idea. It is hard to tell if some of the women customers are just being nice, or if they are actually interested.

So yea, maybe I will start asking some questions and giving small compliments and see if she responds with more conversation or not