1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hit 10 Days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SuperiorMan95, Sep 10, 2023.

1. SuperiorMan95

SuperiorMan95 Fapstronaut

Sharing a little journal entry with yall:

Hooyah hit 10 days and going strong. It's interesting to reread my old posts from 2019 when I was 23 years old. It's motivating and I could see some of the flaws in my thinking at the time. I'm glad I've outgrown myself in some ways and that I'm maintaining my focus and commitment 5 years later.

It's amazing to think where I'd be today if I had my current mentality back then, especially in terms of commitment to a career path. It's also funny to see that I had a GF at the time and all the insecurities I was going through...Now I'm single and I'm still going through the loneliness but I'm also busier than ever and have a clear goal so it's not as bad.

It makes me realize how much direction, career, and relationships are key aspects of this journey. If you don't handle those things, PMO is just a side effect, a coping mechanism for the fact that these areas are being mismanaged. I'm glad that over these past 5 years, I've put in the hard work necessary to finally align myself to a better path: I moved out of my parents' house, committed to a trade (I'm 1.5 years into it now), and continuing with my training. The only thing I still haven't handled is the relationships thing but in a way I did handle it: I broke up with my GF so I could have the freedom and maneuverability I wanted. Now I have it but my career is still years away from freeing me so I'm sort of caught in a bind at the moment. I can't go anywhere, I'm not making that much money and I have a tough work schedule so I come home to a lonely situation almost every night.

If my calculations are correct, in about 3 years I won't ever be in such a tight bind and I will have the ability to maneuver, create my own schedule, and live life on my terms a lot more than I currently am. This is possibly the last stretch...this is why I feel different these days, I have a plan. I just need to stick with it. It's not high risk.

GrittyRunning and Dr.J_76ers like this.
  2. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

I like your long term focus.

SuperiorMan95 likes this.