Hi

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Peaceful Warrior, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Peaceful Warrior

Peaceful Warrior Fapstronaut

Hi, I just found this last night and thought it would be a good place to help me keep my commitment :)

A little background;
    I hit 42 this year and have been masturbating since I was about 13. I started off with imagery from magazines and newspapers (in this country we have topless models in our newspapers) and continued with late night TV and fantasy. I'd average once a night on most nights but not if I was busy...

When the internet appeared, I found I could download and store lot's of images and videos, and then as it progressed, I found more ways as we all know.

I eventually discovered after my divorce that as much as I tried I couldn't stop.I eventually went to a shrink who very quickly moved me onto a sex addiction group. I did the 12 steps and could keep some time but still kept going back and the shame kept me from being honest about it. The steps were fantastic and have helped me get a huge part of my life back. I can now look the world in the eye, I have no past shame and I have developed myself as a spiritual human being understanding the universe with all it's infiniteness. That said, I couldn't stay with the group any more, it wasn't helping my goal, I'd go on but I don't want to discourage anybody from trying 12 step. It is great and the steps are fantastic it's just that it didn't work for me.

Since then I've developed a lot spiritually and picked up a number of tools and changes of life perspective which makes me feel that I'm in a better place to stop what I will call unhealthy PMO for good.

My last PMO was on Saturday 26th April when I agreed to cut it out for 30 days. "Co-incidentally" Somebody mentioned NoFap and I found myself here. Armed with more information about the brain addiction (my shrink mentioned it but it's never talked about in 12 step) I felt that information will help me a little more. Plus logging on here and staying accountable could help too.
    So I've signed up to the 30 day challenge and hope to keep logging here daily

thanks for listening

H

2. aaron92

aaron92 Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome to Nofap