1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Br1 R1, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Br1 R1

Br1 R1 Fapstronaut

Hello fellow frapstronauts, I have just recently joined and just saying hi!

I am 50 years young and have been addicted to PMO for decades, not really sure exactly as mostly been in denial. I have just recently completed 90 days of no M but was still looking at P, it still had its filthy grip on me even though I wasn't M to it. I have just recently with the help of my wife (been together 21 Years) who is very supportive and helping me to get through this. I have been trying unsuccessfully to rid my addiction for about 5 years. I went to SLAA meetings, had some counselling and read books and tried to do exercises to help. Have mostly been not successful,I think because I did not see the harm in it and was mainly doing for my wife. Now I am coming to grips with the damage this has caused to me and to my wife who is amazing and supportive even though she has suffered with my addiction more than me.

I am now very committed to finding the cure to this addiction for myself or at least keeping it at bay. I am lucky I have not had some of the severe side effects I have read here, the only real problem I am having is PE as I am not M I am not lasting and am very sensitive. It is getting better and my wife again is very supportive. Ia also suffer a bit from low self esteem and lack of motivation and energy. I can feel this getting better even with the small amount of time I have abstained.

I have again started on the 21st July to not PM but am having O with the wife. I am not going to say I am doing a 90 day reboot as I am committed to this being forever. If I do slip then I will reset and start again but will not berate myself to much as I know the main causes for me are stress and low self esteem. I have a few things in place to stop myself when I get stressed and have given over all access and all hard drives to my wife (my accountability partner) so I can not be tempted.

Thanks all for putting up with such a long intro, I think everyone here is amazing for doing this and being there for each other. I am already feeling better just being able to discuss on here and a sure I will gain a lot of encouragement and advice if needed.

B

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Shawwwn

Shawwwn Fapstronaut

Hello Br1 r1! Welcome to the site. Whenever you feel like you are going to succumb to P, try visiting this site. Even if you can't find help on the forums, this site also has a panic button that can give you a motivational quote to keep you motivated and focused on your goals. All the best to quitting P!

Br1 R1 likes this.
  3. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

Hello, welcome to the community. Try your best, wish you succeed to give yourself and your wife what you deserve...

Br1 R1 likes this.
  4. Welcome! It’s so awesome to hear that your wife is being supportive of this. Telling my wife about it was the best decision I’ve ever made. She’s the best accountability partner I could ever ask for. Stay strong, my man!

Br1 R1 likes this.
  5. Br1 R1

Br1 R1 Fapstronaut

Hi Shawwwn, thanks for your reply. Yes I am going to try to visit often and draw inspiration from the site. I did notice the panic button, hopefully wont need to push to often.

6. Br1 R1

Br1 R1 Fapstronaut

Hello hardowner, thanks for the welcome. Yes I will be doing my best as she deserves better than what I have been.

7. Br1 R1

Br1 R1 Fapstronaut

Thanks Tiger uppercut!, love the name and thanks for the welcome and likes. Yes I am blessed, she found me out and I thought I was a goner. Works out being honest and discussing your issues is the best idea. Wish I had of had the strength to be honest sooner. She is great and I hope you the best as well!

8. Welcome!!!
    Be sure to check out some of our journals on the 40+ forum. There are some great folks there, helping each other out!
    Maybe even begin your own.
    Keep up the good work...one day at a time.
    I love your DO NOT QUIT message!