1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hi, new chapter in my life...."

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Stewee, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Stewee

Stewee Fapstronaut

This post officially begins a new chapter in my life when I'm taking that step to reach out for support after many years believing I can get through this addiction on my own. Sure I've made great progress over the years, by the grace of God, but this is different. I'm going public and I'm actually going to become vulnerable by sharing my experience and it's scary just thinking about it. I'm 30 male from Virginia, I hope to get to know you all and be a part of this community. Thanks
    Question: How do I know when I'm really for a AP or sponsor?

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

I'm not sure; but since no one else has weighed in...here's my answer.

To have an accountability partner means you yourself are someone else's accountability partner. At least, that's how I see it; maybe others don't. So are you ready to help hold someone else accountable? Are you willing to stay in touch regularly? I've had several people approach me about being their AP, I said yes, and each time, they disappeared after awhile. I don't chase after them. I wish them well; I pray for them; but they have to do their part. (And, if they are reading, feel free to contact me. I'm not mad. I'm just not going to chase you.) So weigh whether you are ready to do your part.

Beyond that, it'll be up to you and your AP to negotiate the way things will work. Will you exchange emails, phone, or just use this page? (My advice is to be careful about giving out personal information.) How much of yourself do you want to share? These are things I'd think about.

3. Stewee

Stewee Fapstronaut

Hey Septimus! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I was getting afraid since nobody else was responding to my post i kinda didn't feel welcomed :( .
    Thanks for giving me advice on how to go about getting an AP, I now have to think about it and decide wisely. I believe I do need one and would love to help someone else as well. Thanks ! :)