1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, going hard mode as long as it takes

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Connox, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Connox

Connox New Fapstronaut

Hi, i'm 24 years old and started PMO when i was around 17 years old. Since then it escalated from PMO every now and then to 3 times a day for i don't even remember how long that goes on already, could be about a year now.
    I first found nofap around half a year ago and i made my first attempts of stopping back then but it only lasted for a few days each time until i kinda gave up on it due to external influences like stress that pulled me back and fell back to the old PMO habits. Also back then i had not realised how much of an influence PMO had on me already.
    But around a week ago i found nofap again and this time i started reading all kinds of storys of other people and in many i found similar discriptions to my own experiences and problems caused by PMO and i realised that getting rid of PMO is the first step if i want to change my life.
    Now i'm on day 10 of going hard mode and i think i finally needed to join this community to share my problems, since i don't think any one around me would really understand what i and everyone here is going through.
    My goal for now is a 90 day hard mode reboot but depending on how it goes i may extend it indefinitly or at least as long as i have to to get rid of PMO.

I hope that it was the right decision to open up to all of you since i never really talked about that part of my life until now with anyone...

So this was more difficult for me to write than i thought it would be ;)
    Well nice meeting you all
    Connox

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome Connox:

I'm glad you're here, and that you chose to tell your story. A lot of us find it helps. Connecting helps; not being alone, helps.

The task ahead isn't easy, but you CAN do it. There's a lot of wisdom here, a lot of others' experience you can learn from.

Below my comment is a link to what helped me.

3. Connox

Connox New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the kind words Septimus as well as for the link, it was very helpful.