1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey guys, I’m 20 years old and face difficulties abstaining. I’ve been doing it since 2016-17.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by abdulaleemk9, Mar 30, 2024.

1. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Even though, its been really long, I haven’t found much help and there hasn’t been enough determination from my side to abstain. I have delved deeper and deeper in this miserable desire and now I have not much control over me. Over the years, I have tried to somewhat abstain, even getting a 3 month streak once but that was really a long time ago. Around 4-5 years. I have been able to get a month streak only 3 or 4 times in the past. I don’t really remember though. Getting over a week is very easy for me. I never did it everyday, I did it only after 1-2 weeks so its easy to abstain for that long. I visited this website this month only and have found hope for someone like me. I wish to share all my days with you, I feel like spending time here will keep me away from all that. I accept that I’m addicted and accept that I relapsed because of that addiction, now I must make sure to get rid of this addiction. I have only relapsed tonight after a week and I’m feeling terrible right now. I wish to fight this disease to the very core, I have to abstain.

2. typicalJT

typicalJT Fapstronaut

hey bro, best of luck to you. Have you tried installing a blocker?

abdulaleemk9 and Orphan like this.
  3. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

abdulaleemk9 likes this.
  4. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Not really bro, I don’t know any to be honest, could you please suggest some? I don’t know anything about blockers but I’ve heard a bit about them. Let me know pleaseeee

5. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Thanks man, I don’t even know any techniques, I hope it helps. I will be trying my best.

6. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Day 1 passed like a charm, nothing tempting, as expected. Didn’t really think I’d get tempted anyway. I will look into the techniques and blockers shared by this community, I wish to put it to good use. I must look out from day 7 but I’ll update this journal every day, thanks again!

ThePerspicacious likes this.
  7. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Day 2: I was able to escape those kind of urges in my head, those images that appear sometimes. Its the only issue I face in these days, overall a good day, I did good.

8. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Day 3: Saw a comment which lead me to an explicit image, I didn’t know what it was, it was just two words, and very common words, I didn’t know but I checked and found out its something extremely explicit. It couldn’t have much effect on me then, but the pic keeps coming back at times in my head. Its nothing major though because I feel I have recovered from that urge, I just prayed so its all good, I feel stronger than before. Please do suggest me blockers if any of you have any suggestions that can help.

9. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Hey man, If you’re not busy, and come online any of these days, let me know any blockers which could help, I have no knowledge of what might be a good blocker and what might be a bad blocker, let me know whenever you can, thanks.

10. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Bro, I’m gonna send another msg just so you let me know.

11. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Hey man, just checked out that post, its great, I just have one issue, my religion teaches me not to expose my sins, do i really need to share my pmo issues with someone?

12. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

I mean I do have a friend that knows about all this and we have been in this together, its important that we don’t lie to each other. He’s been a real help though. But he’s been really busy and involved himself with work, and we haven’t met since but we’ll probably meet on eid so I guess I’ll just have to wait. He’s my closest friend and very knowledgable.

InnerMan likes this.
  13. typicalJT

typicalJT Fapstronaut

I would do some research to see if there's any good free services or maybe ask around the forum. The one I have is part of a paid antivirus. It basically works as a parental control even though its for myself. It has some general filters but I can also block specific sites manually.

abdulaleemk9 likes this.
  14. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

If your religion teaches that, then I respect that is not an option. I certainly wouldn't want you to break your beliefs or faith.

I hope this does not sound rude or like "I gotcha!" - I say it out of sincerely wanting to understand... But is there a difference between sharing your PMO issues with people online, such as here, or face-to-face? Would writing all the things you have in this thread count as "exposing your sins"?

As best I have seen, telling someone about your problem in real life helps enormously, can unlock support and assistance and eases the conscience. If this is not an option for you on religious grounds, then use the tools your faith gives you in this fight against addiction.

Wishing you every success,
    ~Orf

15. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Out here, you don’t really know me so I’m not really exposing my sins, I’m just another random person on the internet for you. That’s why it feels somewhat okay to share stuff here. But I do have a close friend I am able to share it with but he’s the only one.

16. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Thanks brother, that would be very helpful.

17. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Tough, tough, a very tough day guys, its been really difficult today, maybe coz of the image I saw yesterday. Day 4 is going tough guys, I hope I am able to make it through the day. Difficult, so very difficult! I read somewhere that I should wear jeans or pants instead of pjs so im not as aroused. Maybe that will help. Guess I’ll pray then. Will update at the end of the day.

18. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Very tempting to go and just check once but this place has made me realize that those are cheap tricks played. Gonna get through this.

19. abdulaleemk9

abdulaleemk9 Fapstronaut

Day 0: I messed up, it got the better of me, I relapsed. I’m even worse off now, I tried really hard and I failed. I don’t know how you guys are able to do it so long. I’m feeling really terrible now. Have to start again. Too much guilt I’ll carry with myself now. Dammit.

Itsuki likes this.
  20. Itsuki

Itsuki Temporarily Suspended

all good man, just keep trying

abdulaleemk9 likes this.