1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help. I feel like I don’t respect myself.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Changeforthebest, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Changeforthebest

Changeforthebest Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. So I noticed a close friend of mine gf changed the way she greets me. It used to be “Good morning” now it’s just “My name and What’s up” … I’ve been trying to rap my head around why this change. I don’t want to worry about it too much but at the same time I need to do something about it. I’ve never been close to her. We don’t talk for 5 mins for any reason. Just greetings. She has showed behaviors that has made me even take decision of not eating her food whenever I go visit them for sleepovers and all. Note this is my closest friend. I need you guys to help me understand. My own girlfriend is heated about it and calling the act disrespectful cos she greets my close friend very well and also even the girl I’m talking about. My gf greets them both with “good morning” and now “their name and What up like they are friends”.

2. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Not sure what country you're from, and maybe that's why you've interpreted the greeting as "disrespectful," but I personally think it may be best to try and move on. Another option if it continues to bother you and your girlfriend would be to just ask. Lastly, I don't think this would classified as "Problematic Sexual Behavior" but I hope you find a resolution.

roifwoha likes this.
  3. Changeforthebest

Changeforthebest Fapstronaut

I posted it here cos I wanted someone to help me with this. It started to seem like a problem to me. Anyways thank you.

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  4. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Maybe you can ask your close friend's girlfriend why she is saying hi to you differently than normal. Rather then speculating, you could just ask them in a conversation. Tell the person that the way they say hi to you has been bothering you and you would like to know why they say hi differently now.

Good luck to you buddy. Let us know how it goes.

5. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

I’ve had these experiences before. Know them all too well. The best thing you can do is ask what’s going on or if she’s got something going on in their life. I noticed my buddies and past friends would cease to stop after things getting crappy. I always wanted to help them but just like you I felt I was of no use or respected myself enough.

Your girlfriend also needs to chill out… If she had a guy friend and he wasn’t talking much to her I’m sure you would do everything for her to figure it out.

I noticed though you two just greet in mornings and not a tad too much extra. This is a uneasy tension especially in two people that barely know each other… I’ve done this before especially with one of my buddies regular friend that was a girl that I was interested in.. Eventually I felt useless, like it didn’t even matter. If it really bothers you try and talk to your buddy about her in a normal convo. It feels awkward as shit, but if you’ve noticed something off there’s got to be some reason..

In the past I’ve also had really attractive co workers to the point where I would always awkwardly greet them. Although I am allot like you and didn’t converse too much.. What really puzzled me though is that if I would be walking and passing by them, they would just ignore me and continue talking to whom ever.. This is when I know I don’t mean anything.

fusion47 likes this.