1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by th4t1_guy, Dec 2, 2014.

1. th4t1_guy

th4t1_guy Fapstronaut

Hi, at this time I choose to stay anonymous, but I will decide to share my name later on when I feel comfortable. About 5 years ago, I was attending counseling sessions (which I will also explain more in detail when I feel comfortable), and during those sessions the LPC told me I have a sex addiction. Being a Christian most of my life, this crushed me. How could a Christ-life person with such a big heart for others be addicted to anything? I felt a little bitter toward him for telling me that, and I was very angry not believing I was addicted. To respond to this 'false accusation' by my counselor, I dove head first into my addiction, going deeper and deeper risking prison time for breaking the law several times (again, not the time yet for details). Anyway, he told me I would have to 'hit rock bottom' before I would change, and frankly, I don't want to do that. He told me to stop masturbating for 90 days, telling me it's like rebooting a computer. I tried before, yet did not succeed. I'm going to do it this time b/c I'm important enough! I may even try 120+ days with no sexual release/stimulation/etc. Thank you for reading!

2. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I wish you luck on your goal. However it will not be easy, like you mentioned you tried before and failed. If I were you I would set a very small goal, like 15 or 30 days. Once you reach that, you can make bigger ones. 120+ days is quite daunting in my opinion. Good luck on your journey.

3. th4t1_guy

th4t1_guy Fapstronaut

Hey, thank you so much for that advice! I know it's quite the goal to set, and I may need to lessen that to what you suggest. I need to push myself to get better.