1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello - UK here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ukreboot, Jun 27, 2017.

1. ukreboot

ukreboot Fapstronaut

Hello.

I'm from the UK, in my late thirties, and really want to quit my compulsive sexual behaviours habit. I'm married, and now I need to grow up and be a real man.

I've been aware that there is an issue for a while. I even think I know why I have this issue: growing up, I didn't receive much affection or love, and as a consequence this has affected my behaviours in later age. I find it hard to really be kind and to love - others, as well as myself. I've read about mindfulness and want to practice this, as I think it might help, but I lack discipline - another problem that I have.

I basically want to start where I am now and "upgrade" myself to a better person, more in tune with his feelings, kinder and more loving to myself and others, and of course quit my PMO habit. I see this more as a life change though as opposed to just a habit change.

I'll post in the accountability partners section, but I know I would like to meet someone who has had success so I can work with them. I've also seen programs online which I am keen to install so that they can monitor what I am doing, maybe in the future.

Anyway, that's why I'm here and it would be great to learn if there are other people willing to help and support. Thank you.

i_wanna_get_better1 and YorkGO like this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

3. ukreboot

ukreboot Fapstronaut

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?