Hello NoFap community

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Michael5iLVEr, Jan 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michael5iLVEr

Michael5iLVEr Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mike and I have been addicted to PMO since 12 years old. I've been masturbating about 3 years very frequently.
    Today, I discovered this community and I signed up because fapping makes me feel shame and I socialize much less.
    I failed 2 times abstaining from PMO but for now I have set a goal of two weeks. If I manage it through there, I will continue without falling back.
    I hope you help me get through the trouble!

Mile

P. S. Sorry for my english

D . J . likes this.
  2. Ayjaydubya

Ayjaydubya Fapstronaut

Hello, welcome to this community.
    Some strategies that some have found helpful:
    • Get an accountability partner. (Find one here: (https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?forums/accountability-partners.7/)
    • Start a journal here.
    • Read three articles a day in a field you are interested in.
    • 20 minutes of meditation at least once a day (twice a day is better--start with 5 minutes, gradually increase.)
    • Drink about 2 liters of water per day.
    • Exercise for 30 minutes each day.
    • Learn time management. (Many articles on line)
    • Learn about self confidence and motivation. (RSDTyler on youtube is great.)
    • Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep.
    • Learn a new skill, something you always wanted to do.
    • Take online courses. (Udemy has lots of free ones)
    • Read a self help book.
    • Go out and socialize.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Michael5iLVEr likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. Michael5iLVEr

Michael5iLVEr Fapstronaut

Hello D. J.,
    Currently I use the NoFap app to stay positive. I used some of the advices that Ayjaydubya posted. They helped me a lot. Also, I wander around the site in my free time in any chance I find something interesting. I try to socialize more (even if I'm still afraid to talk to people). That's about how I try pass my time without PMOing. Thank you for writing at my first post. I would like to hear some more advices from you if you have some spare time.

Good night!

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

AndySky180 likes this.