1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy 18th

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Patty_33, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Patty_33

Patty_33 New Fapstronaut

This last September was my 18th birthday, as well as my 18th year of single life. I'm not at third, second, or first base. Fuck, I haven't even stepped up to the plate. Eighteen years. I'm a fucking adult. Even one of my best friends, one of the only people more socially awkward than me has had his first kiss. I feel isolated. I can't relate to anyone. It doesn't help that I literally didn't hit puberty until last summer. I was alone back then, I'm still alone now.
    I'm a really religious guy. It's helped me through so much, I have a lot to thank for my background. However, when it came to PMO addiction, all the prayer and meditation in the world wasn't enough. I found myself relapsing again and again, feeling worthless, sinful, and hopeless. I thought I tried everything.
    It wasn't until today, after another relapse, when I realized I needed to tell someone. Anyone. Might as well tell the whole fucking Internet. I was so lonely I didn't know how to ask for help.
    I don't know for sure if my addiction stems from loneliness. All I know is that I want to know what it's like to pretend to love someone. I want to fall in love, go on dates, laugh, fight, talk, and break up with someone. I want to know what it's like so when I do meet my future wife (assuming she exists) I know what to do. Most importantly, I want a beautiful, sacramental relationship with her. I want to give my entire self to her. I don't want my addiction to ruin that for us.
    Thanks for reading this. I feel so much better already. Nothing can be gained from inaction. Fear only prevents us from realizing who we are.

2. Hey man, I didn't have intercourse for the first time 'til I was 23, so I wouldn't worry about being an 18-yer-old virgin. If you're anything like I was at 18, you're probably hella insecure and still pretty hormonal (I don't say those things to be a dick, it's just my experience as an 18-year-old). Don't worry about it. You've got SO much time, my friend, and it gets easier. 18-year-old girls are insecure and hormonal too, and as you and your cohorts get a little more life experience and start feeling more comfortable with yourselves you'll find it easier to relate to each other and project sexual interest.