1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Habits and ways for one to improve themselves.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by boxer713, May 20, 2018.

1. boxer713

boxer713 Fapstronaut

We all know that obstaining from pmo help us in a major way. But it’s only the beginning. People say to take cold showers, work out, eat healthier and read. I was wondering if anyone on here had any inputs to this type of self improvement discussion. Is there anything you do or feel you should that improves yourself.

I personally do most of what I stated above. I have seen my life change a lot since incorporating all of these things. Anyone can too, with a little discipline.

You hear of all these great guys who either did no sex or did semen retention to keep themselves sharp, alert and creative.

2. Mindfulness meditation is something that has helped me tremendously!

boxer713 likes this.
  3. boxer713

boxer713 Fapstronaut

Yea, meditation is really healthy. How often do you mediate? When you do mediate, what’s your typical duration?

4. Iwannaquitplz

Iwannaquitplz Fapstronaut

I do a lot of mind and body healing.
    Cold showers to show myself that I am going to force myself to do the things I want to, even if they aren't desirable.
    Meditation for clearing out my head of all the stress of the day, good or bad, I like to centre myself and calm myself before bed.
    Yoga, I struggle with meditation - everyone likes to say how you should feel but I find the entire thing boring, so before bed I do yoga and use meditation techniques whilst doing it.
    I don't run right now but I am starting when I have my running shoes back - running is a great way to wake up in the mornings, it gives me a really good feeling for the day - even if i do nothing else productive!
    Reading is great, everyone complains about bad sleep but if you read before bed, all that goes away.
    MUSIC ALL THE TIME! Get into everything, enjoy classical, pop, rock, metal, girl singers, guy singer etc. and listen to it all the time. Music helps my imagination, drowns out any negative thoughts and when a good one comes on, i can find myself randomly wanting to do push ups.
    Sticky notes - ever see a job that needs doing, make a sticky note and put it somewhere, only take it down when the job is done.
    No social media - I struggle really bad with this. I always catch myself on tumblr or 9gag or facebook and I don't even realise an hour was wasted. I don't mind tumblr so much just for daily mantra's, positive messages and photos of beautiful places but nothing else is on my feed.
    Set life goals. We are going to relapse and it's going to get us down, it's going to get me down so I focus on the big picture, beat my targets, strive for greatness in every aspect of my life.
    Be social. NoFap is difficult, remind yourself that you are better than you think you are at times. Remember that people like you, people love you.
    Quit other bad habbits. Fix your: posture, muscle imbalances, less fizzy drinks more water, etc.
    Reply to random NoFap threads. It helps me to see my struggle clearer if I can see others struggling too. It's also positive to know you're not alone.

Is there anything I do that improves myself? I like to think everything I do improves myself and if anyone is not doing things all the time that improve themselves then they need to stop procrastinating and start just doing stuff. It's easy, really.

YooHoo and boxer713 like this.
  5. I meditate 30 - 60 min at morning and 30 - 60 min before bed. I just sit and focus on my breath. Apart from that I try to practice mindfulness all day. I'm doing the method from the book The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. I do that whenever I remember to.

boxer713 and P-Free like this.