1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Grief - How to deAl with the loss & pain?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jay3241, Mar 30, 2024.

1. jay3241

jay3241 Fapstronaut

Hey all,
    Slightly off topic -- I recently lost my dad, due to cancer. I am in my early 30s. he was aged 67. Been a few months, but the grief is still there and comes and goes in waves. All those memories of past ---
    Any tips will be gladly welcome & helpful

onceAgain likes this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I'm sorry to hear that. I would recommend just taking it one day at a time. Don't worry about how you'll cope in a year from now or a month from now. Just focus on today. I will pray for you.

jay3241 likes this.
  3. jay3241

jay3241 Fapstronaut

thanks -- that's a good way to look at it -- each day as it comes (y)

4. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

Sorry for your loss @jay3241. After losing my dad, it took a while for the grieving process to run its course, and that’s okay. As @drac16 said, you just take it one day at a time.

jay3241 likes this.
  5. jay3241

jay3241 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the tip

6. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

I am sorry for your loss.

Just before my dad's death, I was introduced to Stoicism. I was the sole caregiver for my father for at least four years. He could not do anything on his own. I did everything. I searched on the internet about how to cope with it, and someone suggested me to read Marcus Aurelius and Seneca. I am glad I did.

When my father died I told myself that now is the time to put my stoic principles into practice. Trust me, it helped me immensely. Seneca's words helped me to cope with the grief beget from my father's loss.

jay3241 likes this.
  7. jay3241

jay3241 Fapstronaut

thanks for the advice. Will definitely check it out

8. Hi man,
    My sincere condoleances for you.
    I lost my father 4 years ago and went to the proces of grief.
    I learnt to let it come. I don't hide it, I don't run away from it.
    It often happened when I listened to old music on my own, at Saturday night with a beer that a flood of emotions came out while I cried it out thinking about my father.
    These were good evenings.
    There is no method for the "right way" to grief.

But it certainly helps if you find a way to express your sadness and grief.

Ghost️ likes this.