Greetings! 12/12/17

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by SolarCaine, Dec 12, 2017.

1. SolarCaine

SolarCaine Fapstronaut

Hello community!

I'm Excited to start this journey for self-betterment and to interact with this great community!

I stumbled upon this site through YouTube and I'm glad that I checked it out!

Its awesome to see a place where people come together and support each other to overcome such toxic and self-debilitating habits!

After being sucked into these sex-crazed times especially in America and the culture they portray to the rest of the world I'm glad that I've finally opened my eyes to control what thoughts and feelings I experience.

I'm currently on day 6 of no PMO and I'm confident that with the help of this community I can reach day 30 , 60 , 90...

How am I so confident? well I've been setting myself up for success! I started noticing of my dysfunctional sexual views nearly a year ago... since then I've known that this is something that I want to do and have been working towards it all year.

First thing I did ;

Recognized that I had a problem.

Second,

Decided to do something about it;

Since then I've been focusing on my health , fitness and It has made such a difference because it has distanced me from negative influences and all the wrong women that I've been chasing.

Ill start a journal here and write more about my personal experiences to remind myself of the reasons why I decided this.

To give you all a background about my experiences...

I had my first sexual experience at the age of 16 with my first girlfriend. Thinking back on it now I do wish I had waited because I feel like I was too young to really put together what was happening... during those days I feel like all my friends were just trying to loose their virginity and competing of who had the best girl.

Fast forward through different girlfriends and girls through HS I started feeling like I just needed to get layed and chased that by becoming what girls wanted me to be. I started to loose myself and many of my guy friends would tell me that I always chose girls above everything, of course I ignored them...

Through College things got worse until I found my ex-wife.

I was married for 2 years while I was in the military and even then I feel like I only proposed because I wanted to satisfy that sexual urge.

There are different factors that led to the fall of our marriage but I do feel that me being so focused on sex was part of the problems... My view of sex in my head was all wrong. I couldn't keep my hands off her, she was an attractive women but that shouldn't be the motive of being with a women.

Since then I've continued to chase beautiful women and noticed that I really am chasing women for the wrong reasons...

I've learned from that experience and realized that women always need to be respected and appreciated for who they are and not just as a way to satisfy our urges.

We are all human and we are wired to have attraction to reciprocate but it is not something that should be a foundation for a relationship.

I know that if I want a healthy relationship and to start a family I need to do so without such dysfunctional sexual urges.

P and M I feel make these urges dysfunctional because you are always with these images in your head and it confuses your views of women when you find them attractive for lust and see them only to satisfy these urges.

I'm excited to what comes from this but I've already noticed such a big change in my life and I hope that with this website I can find myself again and that later on I'm able to find a compatible partner for the right reasons.

Love before lust is truly what I want.

Thank you for all that read this and I'll welcome any advise that anyone may have! also if you can relate to me and have had success I would appreciate an accountability partner to help me stay in track!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Hi @SolarCaine
    Thanks for sharing your story here.
    I see you already make a good start with 6 days.
    Let's make that double sir.

I wish you good luck on the reboot.

SolarCaine likes this.
  3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @SolarCaine, I'm glad you're here. Let me know if I can help.

SolarCaine likes this.