1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Governing the mind, a post each day in 40 days

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SolveEtCoagula, May 28, 2023.

1. SolveEtCoagula

SolveEtCoagula New Fapstronaut

Gaining mind and self government.
    Context: in 19 century, they called "Magus" to the person who had a good control of his fisical self, understanding that the people divides between 2 parts, the mental/spiritual self (conscient individual) and fisical self (the vehicle that is our body and influences us in therms of hormone, instinct, etc.).
    I did once the 40 days, which means 40 days of abstinence in whatever addiction that makes you suffer.
    It was in the year 2020 and it showed me that i have the possibility.
    But i am now in a falling mental situation, i mean, i refalled (or however it is said sorry i am not an english speaker) and now i see that i am not the governor of my mind.
    I want to do it again, i will start today at 00:00. And i will post an answer of this post every day. Maybe this is readed for one person, but if you (reader) are reading this, i promise you that i will make my greatest effort. If i do 30 posts, it is a good way walked, if i stop suddenly, i will start again, but i will be ashamed enough to not publish here again, and this time i will not let it happen.
    If you ar reading this, thanks for your time, i will start my "Magus" journey again here this year. This will allow me to have more self trust and when you got 40 days without falling into addiction i promise that you gain a strength that helps you clear your mid. I invite you to experience a "yourself" that is not drowning in a sea of hormone and frustration and guilt.

fredisthebes likes this.
  2. SolveEtCoagula

Day 1.
    The first days are always the "guilt" days. I am feeling guilty for all the times that my body tooke decisions in my place. I am inside me, i am the one supposed to take my decisions, not the impulsivity or the hormones or all what depends on my body.
    In the days of guilt we must remember the days we did well, we must also know that guilt or guiltyness (sorry for my english) exists for pointing our mistakes, but once we know them we must not let our guilt feeling to grow until it vecomes an obsessive thought.
    Let's try to be the person who we want to be.

3. SolveEtCoagula

Day 2:
    I just realized that i turned this little cyberspace into a personam diary. That was the initial purpose of it but just didn't thought it under this name.
    Well this is my seclnd day, not much struggle right now, i just think on how i'll be on day 20 and it really scares me.
    I am thinking ln how "screens" conqiered our lives, our minds...
    Stimulus (stimules... stimuls? Don't know how it is called in english) are everywhere, and it's really annoying since al those i fluences and infos are basically based on selling you products using "hot" or "sexualized" images so you want to buy this or buy that... It is like an invasion of sexual thoughts but from the outside of one self.