Goodness

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Gotquestions.org noted: “Goodness is virtue and holiness in action. It results in a life characterized by deeds motivated by righteousness and a desire to be a blessing. It’s a moral characteristic of a Spirit-filled person. The Greek word translated “goodness,” agathosune, is defined as "uprightness of heart and life." Agathosune is goodness for the benefit of others, not goodness simply for the sake of being virtuous.”
    To quit permanently we need to know and focus on the scripture about the first part of goodness. “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”

Step one is to believe that "No cheating" will lead to a better life. This also starts to lead to a blessing.

Step two is to constantly think spiritual thoughts after rejecting thoughts of lust. Today I am focusing on goodness. A person filled with goodness thinks: What good can I do for someone else today? How can I be a blessing to someone today? Consider praying:

“Father, help me to know how to help others.”

Research shows that people who help others may be 50% more likely to quit their addiction. I think those numbers are low. I think if you dedicate your life to helping others you are twice as likely to quit for good.

#1, if you do good and start to be blessed you will be inspired. So you do more good. Next, you focus on hungering and thirsting after righteousness. This leads to more blessings.

#2, you will be busy doing something which allows less time to mess up.

#3, These focuses force you to think often about how to renew your mind.

#4, we were created for purpose, so when we help others we start to increase in joy.

#5 Research shows that when we help others we are less depressed, we have higher self-esteem, we start to learn how to fight against the self-absorption that comes with addiction, and we just simply feel better about life.

Consider spending time in prayer, praying about increasing in goodness. Goodness is a key to quitting.

born3 and CPilot like this.