1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Good things to do…

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Buddhabro2.0, May 15, 2023.

1. Buddhabro2.0

Buddhabro2.0 Fapstronaut

Wherever you are in your rebooting journey, there’ll always be something that will help make it better, easier, more satisfying or enjoyable…etc.
    It can be an action, like exercise or self-care. Behavioral changes, like sleep, diet, socializing…
    I’m interested to see what everyone is doing that is positively impacting, and changing their ability to overcome their addiction to pmo.
    Simple actions such as, today I took a walk, or a cold shower, read a book…anything that you think helps you to improve your rebooting experience.
    My hope is that we’ll learn from each other and encourage taking proactive steps towards recovery.
    I hope to make it a daily habit to focus on actively working towards recovery.
    Please feel free to contribute, but try to keep it short and sweet.
    Example:
    Today I took a walk. I feel better now and less likely to pmo.
    Or, I meditated for a few minutes using an app, and now my urges have disappeared.
    Hopefully this will help us all get through this difficult journey to overcome and recover from this terrible addiction.

2. Buddhabro2.0

Buddhabro2.0 Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I went out to get some groceries and food. Self loathing prevents me from taking care of myself in a manner that others take for granted. It’s a success for me to think that I’m deserving, and the foundation of my rehabilitation and recovery.

3. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Walk in the woods, nature will distract you in the most calming way and it can help ease or even eliminate some problems. If you walk long enough in the woods it will clear your mind and give you time to think. Any nature walk will do, but I think when you are surrounded by trees it tends to work faster.

natsukashii75 and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  4. Buddhabro2.0

Buddhabro2.0 Fapstronaut

I’m developing my ability to have a positive mindset because it’s helpful for overcoming the hurtful thoughts, feelings, and experiences that ruin the beauty of life. I didn’t ask for it, so I won’t accept the negativity that has been heaped upon me anymore.

SwiftOne likes this.
  5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Well done! It's easy to underestimate how hard the 'basics' can be if you are at a low point. I have been there, many times. To some extent I still am. Success can be a full night's sleep. It can mean cooking a meal (i find it hard to cook a proper meal when it is just for myself). It can be having a shower and getting dressed. Some days it can even be just brushing my teeth.

We all want to master self discipline and be working towards our fitness goals, financial goals, relationship goals. But we need to build it on a solid foundation or self care and self respect. So we will keep working on the basics, and remember that progress happens incrementally over time with discipline and consistency.

Ronaldeutsch and Buddhabro2.0 like this.
  6. Finallyhealing

Finallyhealing Fapstronaut

I am working out, back workout and ideally should be all in but in between my set at one moment i had the thought to download nicegram a telegram client and bypass my restrictions on the real telegram app. Well i just remembered i also have an app called nofap and i immediately opened it up and am now typing this message
    Acknowledging this thought made it so weak and now i have the choice to either download it or not. And what to do , i shall know.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  7. Buddhabro2.0

Buddhabro2.0 Fapstronaut

Lately, I’m often tired and low on energy and motivation. By allowing myself to rest, I am physically being gentle with myself; however, mentally it’s challenging not to judge myself harshly.
    Understanding that the negative ramifications of punishing myself turns into self loathing, I lean on faith and surrender to the moment.
    It’s okay to allow leniency to learn and grow.
    Today, I realized that giving myself permission to learn and develop positive strategies for dealing with challenges is a very important and good thing to do.

8. MelanieAlsop

MelanieAlsop New Fapstronaut

Thanks for information

9. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

What if identification with “hurtful thoughts, feelings, and experiences “ is what ruins the beauty of life ?

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  10. Buddhabro2.0

Buddhabro2.0 Fapstronaut

There’s always a chance that I might find a way to change a negative into a positive, so I’m not going to say that negative experiences absolutely ruin things.
    Rebooting has a lot of negative aspects, but that’s what makes signs of recovery and progress so sweet.
    Having a guitar lesson every Saturday is a reminder that the commitment to be good to myself is important and very beneficial.
    I am convincing myself that I really deserve better.
    Nofap = being better.

Icewarrior likes this.
  11. mrack2023

mrack2023 Fapstronaut

Today I joined this community in efforts to take my recovery seriously. I want to track/share my progress. So far it has helped me feel more mentally organized and prepared to take the right steps forward.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.